Posted October 21, 2013
Charlemagne is a great school with a real carying and loving teachers, the only school in Eugene that provides children with the french immersion program at no cost to students or their parents. Children are working hard growing organic vegetables at the Charlemagne garden, fully funded and operated by parents-volunteers. The school has a great cheering spirit of doing things the right way, giving back to the community, getting a high-quality education.

Posted October 17, 2013
As a former teacher for 12 years at Charlemagne, I was honored to be able to spend time here in a different capacity in the year 2013-2014. I met dedicated teachers committed to the welfare of these children, a warm and welcoming secretary, and parents who nurtured the children of the larger community thoughtfully as well as caring for their own. The interim principal is bright and kind and works hard at supporting the French character of the school. I only wish that more of Eugene's children had the kind of support that Charlemagne's children receive.

Posted June 09, 2011
As a French citizen I was delighted to be able to enroll my daughters in a French immersion school. They have spent 2 years there and love it. I am very impressed by our amazing teachers, in all grades, by our new principal, our secretary who knows all the students and by the great sense of community. The parents have been helpful and welcoming, the teachers are always available and manage to meet every student's need. The school is in an idyllic location. Daycare is also available on site. There are programs such as ice cream socials, picnics... to welcome new families. We love the school and feel very lucky to be part of this community and reassured about our daughters academic and social education.

Charlemagne At Fox Hollow Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
My grandson just stated Kindergarten there and he absolutely loves it. They introduce very young children to a foreign language, French, which is fantastic.

Posted May 24, 2010
Because we are getting a new principal next year (Yeah!!) I think that most of the concerns voiced here will be taken care of by her departure. I know the incoming principal from the school he was at formally and I can say I have high hopes that things will start to look up.

Posted May 07, 2010
Strong parent involvement, great language immersion school, very academic & supportive of its students.

Charlemagne At Fox Hollow Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2009
The best thing about Fox Hollow is the community of parents. The worst thing about it is the academic mediocrity, but this could be said about all schools in the area. A part of the problem is that the teachers have to teach almost 50 kids each term, because they each get 25 in the AM, and 25 others in the PM. Resources are scant. There is a lot of staff turnover. The kids love being 'Frenchies', but any parent who is well-educated knows how academically weak the education is, and how uneducated their kids will be , as compared to peers, after 6 years of Fox Hollow. The problem is, this is as good as it gets in Eugene. If you can't afford private school, be prepared to tutor your kids in English, math, and science.

Posted May 02, 2009
Charlemagne is academically strong, the school community is close knit, and as opposed to what one other reviewer stated, my family has never felt unaccepted due to our lower income status. The principal is wonderful, and she is so well informed of what is going on in the school, in the district, as well as in the greater community, and she keeps all families informed through regular emails and newsletters. The secretary is wonderful, knows each kid and their circumstances, and keeps everything running way better than just smoothly. The school is a wonderful part of a great school district, and I couldn't be happier that my child attends. Every school district should have the school choice system so that parents can choose what works best for their children and their family in general. Some people prefer language immersion, or arts or tech based curriculum, or Waldorf, Montessori or co-op, etc.

Charlemagne At Fox Hollow Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2009
Our family has attended Fox Hollow for many years and the only peaceful year we had was our first. The principal at this school does not seem to care at all about the children. It has been a constant struggle to stay in the program, but I believe in what learning a second language can do for the mind. If only people cared about all of the children and there needs, not just there own. What ever happened to community. I give it one star for for the language

Charlemagne At Fox Hollow Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2008
I do not reccommend this school unless your child is avove average. It is hard to be accepted if you do not earn a high income. We pulled our child out because her needs were not being met and the principal couldn't careless. She was rude and unprofessional. Beware. This school is not as good as the community of Eugene may think. It is just a myth.

Charlemagne At Fox Hollow Elementary School
5055 Mahalo, Eugene, OR  97405
Last modified Charlemagne At Fox Hollow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charlemagne At Fox Hollow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top