Bad
Good

The teachers are awesome here and parental involvement is great. I am so thankful to have my son in such a great immersion environment!

The teachers are amazing. The principal is not. The leadership here has been slowly pushing teachers away. You won't see the principal in the classrooms or in the hallway. Now that he is splitting time at a different school you won't find him at BV more than half the week. He fails to provide quality communication and often times spins things as he talks through process. There have been two large meetings in the last two years to discuss initiatives. In both meetings the information could have been communicated clearly in 10 minutes. Instead we receive talking points and confusing messages that distract from the actual changes happening in the school. It disappoints me that it takes so much time to uncover the truth behind what's going on. The fact that the leadership is misleading is very disturbing. Teachers have left the school because of the lack of leadership yet no one higher up will take a closer look to try and stop the bleeding. My family has discussed moving our kids to other schools - we're not the only family considering this type of move.

I love Buena Vista Elementary School because it provides total Spanish immersion. My granddaughter will start kindergarden there in September. We're so excited about the opportunites she will have growing up totally bi-lingual.

Not a good school at all..I would never recommend it to anyone...I pulled my children out and now they are at a different school and they are learning soooo much more!! We are very greatful that we pulled them out.

My husband and I love Buena Vista! Our two children are excelling in reading, writing, mathematics, science, music, and physical education. In addition to the academic vigor, our children our immersed in the Spanish language and culture! I feel blessed that our children are students at Buena Vista and I look forward to the years to come.

Buena Vista Spanish Immersion School is absolutely amazing. The students are fully immersed in the Spanish language in all subject areas. In addition, they are learning about the beauty of the culture through music, dance, art, and projects. The staff and teachers take great pride in their work and have great expectations for the overall success of each student. Amazing!

Last modified Buena Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5