Bad
Good

Buena Vista Elementary School 5

Posted April 21, 2014
The teachers are awesome here and parental involvement is great. I am so thankful to have my son in such a great immersion environment!

Buena Vista Elementary School 3

Posted January 06, 2014
The teachers are amazing. The principal is not. The leadership here has been slowly pushing teachers away. You won't see the principal in the classrooms or in the hallway. Now that he is splitting time at a different school you won't find him at BV more than half the week. He fails to provide quality communication and often times spins things as he talks through process. There have been two large meetings in the last two years to discuss initiatives. In both meetings the information could have been communicated clearly in 10 minutes. Instead we receive talking points and confusing messages that distract from the actual changes happening in the school. It disappoints me that it takes so much time to uncover the truth behind what's going on. The fact that the leadership is misleading is very disturbing. Teachers have left the school because of the lack of leadership yet no one higher up will take a closer look to try and stop the bleeding. My family has discussed moving our kids to other schools - we're not the only family considering this type of move.

Posted April 17, 2010
I love Buena Vista Elementary School because it provides total Spanish immersion. My granddaughter will start kindergarden there in September. We're so excited about the opportunites she will have growing up totally bi-lingual.

Posted August 11, 2009
Not a good school at all..I would never recommend it to anyone...I pulled my children out and now they are at a different school and they are learning soooo much more!! We are very greatful that we pulled them out.

Buena Vista Elementary School 5

Posted May 30, 2009
My husband and I love Buena Vista! Our two children are excelling in reading, writing, mathematics, science, music, and physical education. In addition to the academic vigor, our children our immersed in the Spanish language and culture! I feel blessed that our children are students at Buena Vista and I look forward to the years to come.

Posted May 21, 2008
Buena Vista Spanish Immersion School is absolutely amazing. The students are fully immersed in the Spanish language in all subject areas. In addition, they are learning about the beauty of the culture through music, dance, art, and projects. The staff and teachers take great pride in their work and have great expectations for the overall success of each student. Amazing!

Buena Vista Elementary School 4

Posted March 14, 2006
Our daughter started at BV as a 1st grader this year and is among the first group of students to participate in the full immersion program. I have been extremely happy with the teaching, the incorporation of the 2nd language into the curriculum, the admistrative leadership and the school community. We love BV and can't imagine a better place for our daughter. We feel so fortunate that she has this excellent opportunity to be bi-lingual, there is no better time than as a gradeschooler to introduce another language. We wouldn't change a thing about BV except to ensure they have the funding they need to continue the excellent mission before them!

1500 Queens Way, Eugene, OR  97401
Last modified Buena Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buena Vista Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top