Bad
Good

This is a such a great school, we come from California where the child to teacher ratio was higher, both teachers my son has had were terrific, and very involved! I don't see how this school has such a score, when it excels!

Salish Ponds has gone through some changes with the principal and their reading program. When my children first started, there were teachers who went in everyday to help with reading in the class. The kids were in small groups so they had more attention. Now, there is a teacher with 30 or more kids in the room. My child has over 30 students and said she does not get a lot of help because the teacher cannot even meet with the kids in small group but once a week. This is not the teacher's fault, my daughter really likes her teacher. We really like the office staff and the teachers and the counselor has been helpful. Communication from the principal who is new is not the greatest and I have heard kids in my daughters class using bad language or being rude to other kids or even adults, which I had not witnessed a couple of years ago. Overall though, I have loved this building and it's staff.

I had a great experience w/Salish Ponds Elementary. My 1st grader loved his teacher Mrs. Nuygen. She is very delightful. We had to transfer to this school and the process was very quick and easy. I'm one of those parents who is not a fan of uniform clothes and this school is a manditory uniform school. I believe it doesn't make a difference in any way shape or form for the children, especially in Elementary school. It's more of an expense problem for the parents!! So for that, I give it 4 stars instead of 5. And I never could figure out who the Principal was. She didn't ever introduce herself or make herself known in the office or at school functions. Which the other schools I checked out did, so I found that a little puzzling as well.

I HATE this school. Teacher communication is absolutely TERRIBLE! Receive notifications for school pictures and extra curricular activities 1 or 2 days before the deadline for payment. The staff seems nice but in general have no clue what they are doing. I once received a phone call saying that my son was not in class, after I had watched him get on the bus, I call and no one had any idea if he was in class or not, so I had to leave my job and drive there in order to make sure my son was there! he was in class the whole time, but you can imagine as a parent how scary that would be. The principal is nice however has taken a crusade on cracking down on cursing when there is an abundant bully problem. seems her priorities are not in the right places. The experience I have had thus far with the 1st grade teacher is a complete refusal to make ANY effort to maintain contact with me or my husband. This is after several visits to school and giving email and phone numbers for her to contact us about my sons progress. Unless we physically going to the school during the day, there is no communication and we have made SEVERAL attempts throughout the year. we are thankfully moving soon.

I absolutely hate this school!!! I have 2 boys who are both currently attending this school. 1 of my children excels and the other struggles...while the one that is struggling is getting help the one that is advanced is not. The parent teacher communication is lacking and I constantly feel that I am the only one making an effort. My kids went to Hall Elementary last year and I just absolutely HATE this school!! If they could get picked up by a bus to go anywhere else I would have them there!! I already have plans and my kids have been accepted to go to a charter school next year. I can't wait to say good bye and good riddance!!

I hate to say good bye to the school. My Girls have been going here from the start of K and this is there last year. The Staff is very much on point to the the kids and parents needs. There is really nothing that I can say about this school that I have not loved and cherrished the years that I have been involved. If you get a chance to be in this area and you love the fact that your child will be wearing uniforms to learn and not see who has on what you have come to the right place --- Salish Ponds I will miss you, and wish that it went all the way to Highshl

what can I say about this school?..has been the best experience for us my daughter, wife and myself, the teachers really take care of our kids, I, very proudof this school, my daughter its finishing the school in here, but I'm still goint to be part of this school maybe for 5 more years (mi son its starting the school) great school

My oldest daughter has attended Salish Ponds since it opened. I have been impressed and thrilled with the teachers, staff and leadership of the school. My daughter has not only grown in her education but also in her confidence because of the amazing music program we have. I am happy that while my oldest will be leaving next year I have 3 more years to be involved in the school. I will say that my only negative is that not enough parents get involved. Go to the meetings, meet the teachers - they love the parents almost as much as the students! Thank you Salish Ponds for being part of my children's lives.

Great Teachers; wonderful music program, one of the best around. The uniforms are great. If you are looking for timely communications, not here.

Wow. We love Salish Ponds, the teachers, and we love the principal. She is always available, helpful, friendly, and a real problem-solver. We love having our kids go to this school, it's like a private school, but it's public! There were some gossipy, negative parents, and a weak parent group, controlled by just a few of the moms. My husband and I refused to keep going to those meetings because of the negative attitude of these women. This year, we have been to almost all of the meetings of the new parent group and the principal has reorganized the group because it was a mess! She seems to have turned it around into a positive experience. Some parents don't appreciate good leadership! Nice work Salish Ponds! I wouldn't want my kids in any other school!

Last modified Salish Ponds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.