Fairview Elementary School 5

Posted December 10, 2012
I LOVED this school. My son attended Fairview for Kindergarten and his teacher was WONDERFUL. There was plenty of Teacher/Parent communication with us, and I loved that the kindergarten class got to participate in all of the assemblies and fundraising! class size was about 15:1 which is better than Salish Ponds where we are now which is about 30:1. If I could have my son come back to Fairview, I would. I attended this school from kindergarten through 5th grade and I am now Pre-Medicine at Portland State University. The teachers were amazing when I attended as well.

Fairview Elementary School 2

Posted April 27, 2011
this school is over crowded, 30+ students per teacher. Some grade classes rotate teachers so kids have 2 or 3 different teachers a day. There's no music, no field trips (other than omsi once a year) there's always fundraisers going on however its never to help the school (which i believe is where our money should be going) The communication with the parents isn't where it should be either. I was never even contacted the beginning of the year telling me the first day, where i can find out who my daughters teacher was etc. Then 3 months into school year i get a letter saying they lost all her registration paper-work. This school needs funding, they're overloaded. Well over 800 kids

Fairview Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2007

Fairview Elementary School 5

Posted March 24, 2005
- a former student
I LOVED this school; I attended there 2nd-5th grades, in the mid-late '90's, and I am now a freshman at UC Berkeley. It is where I started orchestra (viola) which I have continued to this day. For me, the best thing about Fairview was its diversity; unlike a lot of 'diverse' schools, at Fairview kids of all races actually hung out together without seeing race as an issue. The teachers were WONDERFUL, and if I got bored in class, they gave me advanced work; this helped me to get ahead. Fairview may not be the richest school or have the best test scores, but it really helped me to develop into a good person, with respect for others as well as for the earth; they recycle! While there, I was a library assistant, played in the orchestra, and helped out in the ESL classroom. I loved it!

Fairview Elementary School
225 Main St, Fairview, OR  97024
Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairview Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top