Posted July 29, 2014
This by far the worst school in the forest grove area! What is worst is it is the only real option. Principal care not to even fix problems that arose that are of parents concerns!

Neil Armstrong Middle School 5

Posted May 26, 2014
Neil Armstrong Middle school is an amazing school for all students to attend to because most of the teachers are always there for their students when they need anything. Students try their best to get all the work done that they were given. Both Principals are really nice and understanding. They treat and respect everyone. This school in my opinion is one of the best middle schools I've ever went to. You can trust me that I'm saying the truth because I've went to this school. But just one thing that I would say is that the principals should try to help out the music department (Choir,Orchestra, and specially band) the band class should be provided with new instruments for their students and some t-shirts to be able to represent their school's band group. Go Titans!!!

Posted March 12, 2014
This school was a very detrimental experience for both of my children. I ended up transferring them to an out-of-district school just to avoid them having another year there. The principal is belligerent and not interested in working with parents or teachers, and the teachers don't communicate with each other at all.

Neil Armstrong Middle School 2

Posted December 12, 2013
I have been an active PTA mom for many years. However, this is our first year at NAMS. My experience with this school is less than satisfactory for mostly one reason from what I can gather. The Prinsipal Mr Hundly is aggressive, ego infused and unwilling to listen to parents concerns. He has an agenda and it doesnt seem to matter to him weather his agenda is in the best interest of the students, or weather parents agree. Never in my life have I encountered such behavior. Confused as to how this man still has a job. After some further investigation, I found many parents who have removed their children or are on waiting lists for the community school. My guess, this is just the tip of the iceburg here. I see a future in which Mr Hundly causes FG School district a law suit that not only harms our childrens education but tarnishes the name of the community I have grown to love. I wrtote a letter to the Superintendant. I'm hopeful she will listen to the students and parents, and make some necessary changes. The reason I gave the school a 2 instead of a 1, is because the ipad pilot program I feel is a success, maybe the only thing this principal is doing right.

Posted July 16, 2012
Attending this school was a very negative experience for my child. The teachers don't communicate with one another. They all give homework just prior to the grading period deadline which means my student when from no home work for weeks to more than 10-hours of work due the next day. My student received a 'potential failure' notice when she missed school for a school-santioned event and missed a state test. How funny is that! Not so much for the student. I will not sent my younger students to this school. I tried talking to the principal who said his focus was on the drop-out and drinking ratio.

Neil Armstrong Middle School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
This school lack comunication with parent and student. They have no idea about my child even thogh I call e-mail. They have no clue what's going on. My kids are just a # to them.

Neil Armstrong Middle School 2

Posted February 28, 2009
A select few teachers are absolutely fantastic, but the majority are terrible. The student body creates a typical cruel, middle-school environment. There is substantial drug activity and some gang association, though if hang around with the right people, you won't be exposed to either. Education programs are sub-par and useless for life after eighth grade, with the exception of some lessons in math and history. To be fair, there is mandatory physical education, a wide selection of electives, and some really great people. Overall, however, NAMS makes an epic fail.

Neil Armstrong Middle School 5

Posted November 16, 2007
The new administration is promising for bring this school alive again! The Math teachers are working hard to increase the students math ability which will help them at the High School. I know that the math teachers have been meeting with the High School to make sure they are all aligned!

Posted March 20, 2007

Neil Armstrong Middle School
1777 Mt View Ln, Forest Grove, OR  97116
Last modified Neil Armstrong Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Neil Armstrong Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top