Gladstone, OR
Before care: Yes

Posted July 04, 2014
My husband and I chose Rivergate when our oldest boy was ready to go to school because of the great things we heard about the 1st and 2nd grade teacher, Mr. Smith. We felt it was so important to start the early school years right and we thought it would be a good fit for our children. We were so right! We see the advantage of superior teaching! We feel very blessed to have this close knit community of teachers, students and families with the common goal of providing our children a Christian education. One thing I would like to see improved is a more comprehensive music program with properly trained choir and band/orchestra musicians. I realize budget is an issue so I am grateful for the opportunities they do provide. Overall, we are very pleased with Rivergate as a school.

Posted June 27, 2014
We have been absolutely thrilled with Rivergate Adventist. The teachers and staff are fantastic. Small class sizes, lots of great activities and a very nurturing environment.

Posted June 27, 2014
Rivergate Adventist Elementary. We are so pleased with this school. The parent involvement is phenomenal, and the teachers are amazing! It seems that everyone we come in contact with is loving and genuinely cares about the students at the school as well as their families. We feel very supported and cared for at this school. When comparing what our daughter has learned with other children her age that are at other schools, we are finding that our daughter is learning things that are way beyond what other kids are learning. We have been at another Adventist school before this one, and have found this one to be much more loving and supportive than the last one. There is not much that could be improved upon at Rivergate. The building is a bit old and could use some updating, but this is really not a big deal. The biggest thing my husband feel that could be improved is the PE program. It seems that the PE teacher is not up to date with current ways of teaching PE. Other than this, we absolutely love the school!

Posted June 26, 2014
Sending my son to Rivergate was the best decision I could have made for him! He came last year in the 3rd grade and improved in every area. His attitude improved, he has straight A's, and he loves bible study! Ms. Smith is a fabulous teacher! I couldn'the be happier with River gate and intend to keep my son here all the way through=)

Rivergate Adventist Elementary School 3

Posted June 25, 2014
Rivergate is awesome in so many ways, the 1/2 and 4th grade teachers are a God send. We have had so many problems in the 5th grade, my daughter cried much of the year, and sadly may have to repeat that nightmare all over again. How can my child fail when paying this kind of money? Sorry, other than that I love it. Parent involvement is superior but I don't see enough going on with the Principal to give a review on him.

Posted June 25, 2014
Rivergate Adventist is a christ centered school that lives what they advertise. As a parent of a second grader, I was amazed by the level of staff commitment and excellence of the instruction my son recieved while attending this year. Sharilyn Smith, the second-third grade teacher, was a godsend to my child. Anyone looking for an investment in their childs future, need look no farther. Rivergate Adventist a place where your child will be loved, instructed in academic excellence, and have fun. God Bless!!!

Posted June 25, 2014
We just completed our third year at Rivergate. It's a great school with a down-home, safe, and efficient vibe; nice community of attending families. Sports and curriculum seem solid. Could use some updating with technology programs and the literature/ arts.

Posted June 03, 2010
I love this school for my kids, I have 2 kids attending it. Harray for Mr Smith, grade 1&2 teacher!! He is the best teacher-- God Bless!

Posted February 05, 2010
I love all the teachers, and appreciate how much of their time they give to the children. I do agree with one of the other parents about the office staff. Sometimes great and other times not so great. Depends on the day I guess. I do love all of them though. The principal seems to care for the overall progress of the school and deals fairly when their is an incident to respond to.

Posted June 23, 2009

Rivergate Adventist Elementary School
1505 Rivergate School Rd., Gladstone, OR  97027
Last modified Rivergate Adventist Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Rivergate Adventist Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top