Gladstone, OR

Posted March 26, 2015
Great small community that support and pray for one another when crisis happens. The ONLY downside is not being an accredited school. Other than that I LOVE this school! Curriculum is amazing and the teachers are and kind and loving. Definitely recommend this school!

Posted March 06, 2015
Don't believe everything you read. GreatSchools does not and cannot screen all the content our users post. When someone recommends something, such as a book, service or product, it is his or her personal recommendation and not one necessarily endorsed by GreatSchools or its advertisers, sponsors or partners. We recommend you use your best judgment in evaluating recommendations posted on the Internet, and we suggest that you back up all endorsements found in the GreatSchools community with further research before making a purchase or an investment of time.

Posted March 02, 2015
As parents begin to inquire about schools this school should be off their list. After inquiring and visiting the school I was outraged with what we witnessed at the school: Teachers yelling at students, kids misbehaving and the lack of discipline within the school. The school was filthy and a strong odor was lurking within the building. As we were walking by the restrooms smell of sewage or like something had rotted in the restrooms. Its obvious a problem that has gone undetected possibly for years. Most of the teachers within this school are unqualified to teacher as many of them do not posses a teachers license from the state. And private schools are not regulated by the state. Parents are unaware that private schools are not regulated by the state. We parents think we are doing a great thing by enrolling them into private school but buyer be aware. Therefore do your research when inquiring about private schools. I would question anyone who enrolls their children at this school as it appears it would be a nightmare waiting to happen. I would not send my child or children here ever!!!!!!!!
4 people found this helpful

Posted February 11, 2015
I have completely opposite feeling towards Grace Christian School than the feelings of the person who gave the the school an "F" grade. I have had nothing but an excellent experience with the school. Yes, there is room for minor improvements, but the school was just painted two years ago, is maintained regularly, and is making all efforts to become a great school. My children have nothing but great things to say about the school and the fact that the number of enrollment is still increasing each year is indicative that something is being done right. When someone has as strong of feelings as the person who gave the school an "F" it is usually indicative of someone who has left upset and hurt. That is unfortunate, however I would give the school a thumbs up and a B+ grade. Great school!

Posted February 06, 2015
I love this school ! Its a fun ,wonderful Christian school . It has lots of wonderful plays and activities. They have the best teachers and staff is very nice and friendly.The students are friendly and welcoming. Please consider coming to Grace Christian School!!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 08, 2015
In the beginning Grace Christian was an awesome school with a great Pre-K teacher. However, as my child started Kindergarten I noticed increase anxiety about going to school, leaving the class to hide in the bathroom and hallway b/c the teacher would "yell" at the class. On several occasions I would here the teacher being verbally abusive to the students over chapel dress, and academic expectations. My child later told me he wanted to escape by going out the back doors and run away. The back doors are not monitored or locked and children could easily run off without staff knowing there whereabouts. Recently an older student actually ran off and was missing scaring his family, and staff at Grace Christian. The absences went undetected by staff in the morning hours. HUGE SAFETY CONCERN!!
3 people found this helpful

Posted September 01, 2014
We have been at Grace for the last 3 years. I love it! My family would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a smaller school. Teachers really care about their students. Of course it is not perfect, but with the low tuition and great teachers it is a great school!

Posted January 03, 2014
The previous 5 star ratings are obviously from the leadership. No one gets 5 stars unless they are perfect! Let's be honest here Christians-not a 5 star school-it could be but needs so many changes-maybe this year...
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 04, 2013
We are really pleased with the education our children are receiving at Grace Christian School; the personal attention they both receive from their teachers is outstanding. Also, the tuition is very affordable compared to other private schools in the area. For us and our children GCC is really a perfect fit!

Posted October 01, 2013
What a breath of fresh air! Government schools are falling under the heavy hand of "common core" standards, effectively dumbing down the curriculum.. again. Comparing the curriculum, high student expectations, and loving environment offered at Grace to the government school alternative is like day and night. Grace exceeds the government schools in every meaningful measure: Academics, student behavior, small class sizes, and personalized help, when needed. For those who value the reinforcement of Christian values- including respect, love, and personal responsibility in all things, Grace Christian is an excellent choice. Teachers are all Christians and excellent role models for the students. I've never heard profane or vulgar language from any parent or teacher... contrary to what is tolerated at many government schools.

Grace Christian School
6460 Glen Echo Avenue, Gladstone, OR  97027
Last modified Grace Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Grace Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top