Gladstone, OR

Posted December 18, 2014
I feel this school is very judgmental within the staff. If concerns are addressed they are not addressed and ignored. The school administration is out of touch with their staff as well as parents. Several teachers within the school are not qualified to teach school as they do not have their teaching credentials. The school is ran by family members and the school board is the same board that runs the church and several members on the board have an affiliation with the school huge conflict of interest. The school and board refuse to show parents their budget for the school for the last five years which makes you think the staff is embezzling monies. The PTF (equivalent to other schools PTAS) is a joke. It is mainly to get parents to do all the work for the school especially when it comes to fundraising, the administration refuses to help with fundraising. Fundraising lies within the teachers and parents. Teachers have paid for things without any reimbursement from the school. The administration favors certain parents who are bullies and threats of intimidation. Teachers ignore basic needs of children and parents. Homework is excessive and interrupts family time. Grade F-
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 01, 2014
We have been at Grace for the last 3 years. I love it! My family would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a smaller school. Teachers really care about their students. Of course it is not perfect, but with the low tuition and great teachers it is a great school!

Posted January 03, 2014
The previous 5 star ratings are obviously from the leadership. No one gets 5 stars unless they are perfect! Let's be honest here Christians-not a 5 star school-it could be but needs so many changes-maybe this year...

Posted November 04, 2013
We are really pleased with the education our children are receiving at Grace Christian School; the personal attention they both receive from their teachers is outstanding. Also, the tuition is very affordable compared to other private schools in the area. For us and our children GCC is really a perfect fit!

Posted October 01, 2013
What a breath of fresh air! Government schools are falling under the heavy hand of "common core" standards, effectively dumbing down the curriculum.. again. Comparing the curriculum, high student expectations, and loving environment offered at Grace to the government school alternative is like day and night. Grace exceeds the government schools in every meaningful measure: Academics, student behavior, small class sizes, and personalized help, when needed. For those who value the reinforcement of Christian values- including respect, love, and personal responsibility in all things, Grace Christian is an excellent choice. Teachers are all Christians and excellent role models for the students. I've never heard profane or vulgar language from any parent or teacher... contrary to what is tolerated at many government schools.

Posted September 25, 2013
My experience with Grace Christian School has only consisted of the last two years. While there is no perfect school / church on this earth, what I have witnessed is a very strong family atmosphere. When I say "Family" I mean Godly Christian family the way it is supposed to be. I see a very strong and supportive environment that children can grow in, parents can feel comfortable in, and staff can be free to use their giftedness. I have seen a freedom to be able to address any issues with leadership in a loving way, and that issues get dealt with promptly. The children all act like they enjoy being a part of Grace Christian School. The staff act like they sincerely enjoy coming to work. I greatly appreciate that Grace could raise their tuition to accommodate economic fluctuation, yet they hold firm as the lowest private school in the state. My children love their experience with Grace as well and I would recommend Grace to anyone and everyone. Thank you Grace Christian School for all you do.

Posted September 20, 2012
I have two grandchildren attending.. A wonderful experience for them! The 2nd grader tested out at at 5th+ grade level on the mandated tests.. Essential moral values are included in the classroom - what a refreshing opportunity for our next generation to know there is a loving alternative to progressive drivel and soaring social problems that dominate government schools. Both of them love school...and are clearly ahead of peers in government schools when it comes to reading, writing, and math. Very little time wasted to accommodate misfits.. they are not attracted to this kiind of environment where socially acceptable behavior is valued, along with academic effort.

Posted April 27, 2012
The best decision I ever made was removing her from this school. Every teacher at her Daycare center has noticed a marked huge improvement in her happiness. They can't believe the difference. My daughter hasn't had a stomach ache in the morning since the day she left Grace. Her teachers at View Acres are so wonderful and adore my child. I wish I would have given them a chance initially rather than trusting so called Christians.

Posted March 08, 2012
I found this to be an extremely judgemental environment. I didn't feel encouraged to express concerns with the staff. It appears that unless you're part of the family (there are several family members) that you aren't encouraged to give your opinion. My family personally felt very judged. We didn't feel updated after large contributions and fund raisers were completed. If your looking for a welcoming non judgemental school, you will not find it here. Grace needs to move forward with the times.
2 people found this helpful

Grace Christian School 4

Posted February 27, 2012
I am very happy I graduated from Grace Christian School. I had been going to Grace since the 8th grade. Grace Christian School prepared me for my future education. I had a great learning experience that taught me what I needed to know. The material is Christian based and educational. The teachers are great! They are very concerned about the child's educational status. The teachers also get to know the child and help each one on projects or assignments as needed. At Grace your child will acquire new friends which will stick with him through out the years. I am still in contact with my friends from Grace. When I have children, I will bring them to Grace Christian School for their education and learning experience. I recommend that others put their children first and bring them to Grace! They will have the best educational experience, acquire new friends, and be prepared for their future growth of knowledge and education.

Grace Christian School
6460 Glen Echo Avenue, Gladstone, OR  97027
Last modified Grace Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Grace Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top