Gladstone, OR

Walter L Kraxberger Middle School 2

Posted July 10, 2012
I go to school here and am disappointed at the teacher help. Parent/teacher communication is HORRIBLE. The extracurricular are a joke based on what i have seen at other schools.

Walter L Kraxberger Middle School 3

Posted April 28, 2010
I have had 3 children that have gone or go to WLK and I have 2 more that will attend also. I am glad to say that things are slowly improving at the school, I strongly believe this is due to Mrs. Cecario leaving as a principal. However parent/teacher communication is horrible once your child reaches the 7th grade which is sad to say as 7th and 8th graders tend to stray from their academics towards being socially accepted and need the extra reminders and support from parents and teachers. The teachers seem to feel that parent assist is communication enough and that is not good as some parents have no access or skills to use a computer. Also controlling students that are mean and bullying, they used to be very strict on dicipline and now they seem to only dicipline students that are not part of the 'IN' group

Posted December 12, 2009
I'm a student at Kraxberger. 8th grade. I love this school, I really do, but some teachers and staff are either not good at teaching [or do it poorly], they don't help or work with students, and some, should flat out not be working at the school. I find that the students are extremely nice. There isn't a major boarder-line on cliches. If you are new, you should find friends quickly. Just smile, and be yourself.

Walter L Kraxberger Middle School 5

Posted February 23, 2009
Here are some great opinions that i got from the school, 1.Going green 2.Great lunches 3.Great teachers 4.Great substitutes 5.Great safety I hope these opinions got your attention!!

Posted December 08, 2008
I think this school is great because it safe!The teachers and staff are super nice, but the food is okay. I love my teachers because they rock!

Posted September 10, 2008
I'm a student at this school. I think this school is awesome because of the teachers being so nice and willing to help students out if they ask for help.The teachers try their hardest to educate their students. I would give this school at 10 out of 10 because of the teachers being so nice. I love Leadership.

Walter L Kraxberger Middle School 2

Posted September 05, 2008
I, too, have found the staff very unresponsive. I feel like I get the runaround every time I want to talk to someone. I'm sure they are overwhelmed like most public schools, and that is why we are looking for alternatives. My oldest son just graduated 8th grade last year, and complained of being constantly harrassed by other students while the staff did nothing to stop it. That is not a productive learning environment for anyone. I realize that this is a common scenario, but there is simply no purpose for kids to waste their time while the other students to 'catch up'. Now my younger son is there and he was placed into a lower level math course because that's what all the 7th graders are taking, despite the recommendations of his 6th grade teacher. Of course, upon inquiry, we have heard nothing back from them.

Walter L Kraxberger Middle School 4

Posted May 26, 2008
I am a parent and a teacher. I think the principal is very accessable and clear with the students. The staff seems knowledgable and will return emails and calls. Remember that your child isn't the only one in the school and every parent wants immediate attention for their child. Be patient and treat others like you'd like to be treated. Everyone will work with you if you show mutual respect.

Walter L Kraxberger Middle School 3

Posted January 02, 2008
My Child is in the second year at this school, I also have a Child that has just started this year. The staff is hard to get ahold of by phone, I have found that email is the best way to get ahold of anyone there. We have come from a district where all the staff were easliy accesable by both students and family. I do believe that they need more counslers for the students and family to get ahold of.

Walter L Kraxberger Middle School 5

Posted November 19, 2007
i go to this school, and its awsome!!! the choir is great!

17777 Webster Rd, Gladstone, OR  97027
Last modified Walter L Kraxberger Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walter L Kraxberger Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top