PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 09, 2016
I was doing the instructing at home because the teachers were not effective at teaching there. We would regularly get 20 pgs of homework

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted February 09, 2016
I saw students behave badly and only get mild reprimands and were given "goodies" to get them to focus. Meanwhile the kids that had been abused by the bad children were left to stay in class with the kids hurting them. Inconsistent discipline

Brighton Academy 2

Posted February 09, 2016
After years with Brighton I switched my kids to different public schools and they are doing remarkably better socially and in their comprehension of subjects. Brighton has a wonderful preK teacher MrsMartin, who taught all 3 of my kids. I felt so good about her we kept our kids there. I felt we had amazing kindergarten teachers in MrsMinter, MissSally & MrsArbour, but they are all gone...the turn around there is very high. After speaking to 2 of the teachers post-Brighton I have found bad things about the way they were treated by the administration (changing their teaching material, changing students grades to make parents happy) and to top it off were paid much less than teachers in public school. I have wondered since I found that out what the school is doing with their funds since they are parent volunteer run on their fundraising events and other events. They hire un-certified "teachers" who lack degrees, all of the T.A.'s are NOT formally background checked like in public school and are usually just parent(s(s) of a kid going there. Here's a great example of the chaos: they hired a teacher with a master's degree and then a few weeks into the year demoted her to teaching the class just one subject, and replaced her with the schools receptionist. A person with no formal education or teaching background. Sounds crazy, but it's true. I advise you that prek is great but you really need to observe the other classes while being taught to see for yourself. I saw "teachers" confusing their students with incorrect teaching techniques, I saw students with MAJOR behavior problems being allowed to be around kids they had abused, I saw teachers telling parents their kids were so smart but actually weren't. For example one of my kids, they told me, was soooo smart put into a higher grade then we have the child tested at a public school once I started doubting Brighton and the child tested into a LOWER grade level. I was horrified and switched them immediately. Their behavior has changed since they left. One kid plays school at home and was very rude to her "students" before saying "REALLY!!???!! to them all the time in a condescending way; since public school the child talks to the "students" in helpful encouraging ways instead of saying "really, what don't you get!!???!!". I'm sad I ever had them at Brighton past kindergarten.

Posted June 29, 2015
My son and daughter both attended Brighton Academy, my daughter had anxiety issues before attending Brighton Academy. The staff at Brighton where able to provide a calm, loving environment, which helped my daughter to have more confidence and serenity. And her grades improved with her demeanor. My daughter started loving going to school and making more friends. Brighton's nurturing campus, kind teachers and welcoming students all helped my daughter feel acclimated and gave her more confidence. My son enjoyed Brighton Academy from the start and thrived as well.

Posted June 29, 2015
My kids and I LOVE Brighton! I would never send them somewhere else. I've sent my four kids to this school since, they first started school. There is a no bullying policy on this campus that is taken very seriously, most schools have this policy but it is not enforced, at Brighton it is enforced. This helps kids to thrive and succeed, my four children have all excelled in all of their studies. There is a system in place where students can take college courses on Brighton's campus my 15 year old and 13 year old have already started accumulating college credits (in which they have all A's). They have also been involved in the community through the Interact Club which also will look excellent on a resume when applying for higher education. My kids and I love Brighton!

Brighton Academy 1

Posted May 20, 2015
Bad experience after bad experience with this school... Word to the wise, ask to see teaching credentials and go to class with your student to make sure your child is actually learning something. Several of my sons teachers were, quite honstly, an embarrassment. A few teachers spent more time confusing his class than actually teaching anything... Sadly, most of the staff seem to think they are in some sort of an elite group, so be prepared to witness alot of rolled eyes and snarky remarks, including directing this attitude at the children. There is a MAJOR LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY for bad behavior exhibited by the students and staff. Over the years we have run across many, many situations that raised an eyebrow but I kept trying to give the staff the benefit of the doubt, only to be disappointed over and over again. We would not recommend this school to anyone.

Brighton Academy 1

Posted April 23, 2015
As a mother who sent my son to school for two years at Brighton, I had high hopes good would come from it but that is far from the truth. My son was put in a class with a teacher that had never been to school for teaching and had never even been working in a class. The sad part i was told he was doing great when he was not I pulled him out and come to find out he is 2 grades behind. I'm sad they lie to the parents and put teachers in class from that are not real teachers and never been to school. Please think twice before sending a child you love to school at Brighton.

Posted March 11, 2015
Love, Love Love this school!! The principal and teachers are very engaged and care deeply about the students. I have 2 children that graduated from Brighton and I am very pleased with the education they have received and the personal attention and support that has been given to them. If you have a child who is unhappy with the school they are attending because of being bullied or having trouble learning because of class size or an uncaring environment I would definitely recommend Brighton Academy. I have never seen another school like it.

Posted February 03, 2015
We have two students that have attended Brighton Academy for three years, one student is in middle school and the other is in high school. We are extremely happy with the education our kids are receiving. All the teachers and staff members sincerely care about the students, and it shows. We sacrifice a lot to send our kids to Brighton and feel it is worth every dime!

Posted May 02, 2013
My son is graduating from Brighton this June. He has attended this school since middle school and his growth has been tremendous. He has received a well rounded education and earned over 40 college credits to boot! He has developed a great work ethic and I thank the Brighton teachers for their unwavering support. I would not hesitate to recommend Brighton Academy to anyone!

1121 Northeast 7th Street, Grants Pass, OR  97526