PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (2 responses)

Brighton Academy 5

Posted March 31, 2016
My kids love going to school. Whenever we have a long break, after a week they are asking when school starts again. The teachers work with the students at the level they are rather than just catering to the midline. There is definitely a family atmosphere on campus with everyone knowing who everyone is. My kids can't get away with anything because all the teachers know they can come to me with any problems they are having with my boys. I love the feedback. Almost all the children are so polite and caring of each other. Sure, there is some teasing, but it is generally of the goofy camaraderie kind. I really admire Mrs Brown, their current second and third teacher. She has several special needs kids in her class and has created a safe place for them while not neglecting the others in the class. My son has excelled in her class. He blows me away when he reads aloud to me. And the fact that she can get him to sit quietly (mostly) in class is almost a miracle! I'm glad I have a safe relaxed place where I can send my kids to school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 31, 2016
Whenever a child hurts themself (ie tripping on the playground or such) many other children come around to cheer the hurt one up, get things for him or her, make get well cards, ask how the hurt or sick one is doing. It's nice to see and know that they care.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 31, 2016
Thanks Mrs Brown for the structure you provide in a caring way for your students. Even my motormouth!

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 31, 2016
Many of the students are also in the judo or kung fu club which focuses on these points.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted March 31, 2016
Time and again I watch the students admit to their mistakes and clean up after themselves. Many help each other with out being asked. When they are asked to do something, they respond quickly and cheerfully.

Brighton Academy 5

Posted March 31, 2016
As a low income single mom, I did not want my children in public school and I had to work. Brighton has saved my life when it comes to my children's education. We work together to make sure my children are safe and well educated.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted March 31, 2016
Thanks to the Principle she really gives all of her heart and soul to the school and the children.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted March 31, 2016
Yes I do! The school helps children develop their weaknesses into strengths and encourages/fosters children's natural born capabilities!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted March 31, 2016
Yes the Brighton students are the nicest students you will find anywhere. Very polite and well mannered.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 31, 2016
Brighton is a stellar school when it comes to developing empathy, caring and compassion in students. Children are taught to be thoughtful and respectful yet to also encouraged to speak their individual truths. The staff takes great concern and care toward all the students' well being.

1121 Northeast 7th Street, Grants Pass, OR  97526