PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Brighton Academy is very adept at tailoring the educational experience to each and every student's needs. They are exceptional at being able to foster education beyond that of high school to include classes at the local community college, Rogue Community College. They even incorporate a weekly leadership class that is done in conjunction with the local Rotary Club, they call it Interact. This leadership class receives an actual grade, helps the students develop leadership skills through service and is more effective than most other Interact clubs ten times their size.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most all of the teachers are there because they love their job, love the students and nearly all of the teachers have a master's degree in the area they teach.

Amount of homework: Agree

The work given is appropriate for the topic. A lot of the education is hands-on learning which helps to make it more relevant.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school treats every student with respect and kindness. They encourages responsibility through engagement and accountability.

My kids love going to school. Whenever we have a long break, after a week they are asking when school starts again. The teachers work with the students at the level they are rather than just catering to the midline. There is definitely a family atmosphere on campus with everyone knowing who everyone is. My kids can't get away with anything because all the teachers know they can come to me with any problems they are having with my boys. I love the feedback. Almost all the children are so polite and caring of each other. Sure, there is some teasing, but it is generally of the goofy camaraderie kind. I really admire Mrs Brown, their current second and third teacher. She has several special needs kids in her class and has created a safe place for them while not neglecting the others in the class. My son has excelled in her class. He blows me away when he reads aloud to me. And the fact that she can get him to sit quietly (mostly) in class is almost a miracle! I'm glad I have a safe relaxed place where I can send my kids to school.

Develops character: Agree

Time and again I watch the students admit to their mistakes and clean up after themselves. Many help each other with out being asked. When they are asked to do something, they respond quickly and cheerfully.

As a low income single mom, I did not want my children in public school and I had to work. Brighton has saved my life when it comes to my children's education. We work together to make sure my children are safe and well educated.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Brighton Academy is a gem in our community. Honesty, integrity and fairness are inspired/required in the students on a daily basis. Students are always held accountable for their actions and also directed in the best way that is beneficial to the individuals and others as a whole.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers really care about the students. They are thorough and really encourage the children to think for themselves.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think that the kids are getting a lot of education during school hours. The homework level is well balanced.

Last modified Brighton Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12