Bad
Good

Highland is an amazing school. Principal George Personius does great connecting with kids and the staff are very kind to the kids. I attended Highland for only two years, but it was enough for me to get to know everybody already. Teachers are extremely kind and extremely effective in their teaching. The support staff are also very kind and also care about the students as well. I am very happy with going to this school, and I plan on coming back to say reconnect with the teachers sometime in the future.

So far we have had a great 2 years at Highland. There is great communication between parents and staff. My daughter has had appropriately challenging work but there doesn't seem to be crazy pressure on the kids. There is a very supportive feel at the school and I feel lucky this is where my kids will be.

My son and daughter both go to this school and they love it. Both teachers are great. I usually come in once a week and check in.They always make time to talk with me.

Highland has great teachers and parent communication!

The teachers are all amazing! Go Hawks!

I think everything about this school is wonderful- except one thing. They need to do some work and organization on the parking lot, not only is it dangerous for the kids, but parents as well. I have seen several problems, and near accidents. It seems as though, we are fixing problems, that need no solution. But ignoring the real problem at hand.

I have only been with Highland for a month now, but I can see it is an excellent school. I highly recommend Mrs. Walker the gym teacher, and also the after school program is awesome.

I believe that the academic programs that they offer are quite excellent compared to other elementary schools in the city. The teachers work extra hard with their kids; as well as make time for parents.

Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.