Grants Pass, OR

Manzanita Elementary School 2

Posted September 05, 2014
your web site is not user friendly. every year I have problems with the office staff. and every year we have problems with the bus drivers. I also think 15 minutes is not enought itme for breakfast. and lunch rtime they are to rushed to eat their lunch. i also have an issue with bulling how it is NOT addresed. The bucket thing is stupid.. Jus tstupid. there are bulling laws inthis state.. i do not see anything being done at this school about buling according to the lawa na dthings are supposed to do to show awareness about it.. no posters..no cops coming and talking to the kids about the law. and NEVER has anything been sent home about awareness.. or the laws.. there is a pamphlet and information provided by the county i have never seen from this school.

Posted December 14, 2011
We have attended Manzanita since 2008 and I could not be more pleased. We are currently moving, and I have to say that the thing I am most sad about is leaving this phenomenal school. The staff is amazing and truly do love the kids, and the other parents I have had the privilege of getting to know have become lifelong friends. I would recommend Manzanita Elementary to anyone I know!!!!

Posted September 19, 2010
Posted today Our children enjoy going to school here, and are excelling academically, as well as in other areas. The Principal (who has been here for the last few years) is absolutely AMAZING in every way: dedicated, innovative, caring, friendly, professional, motivating, and a brilliant problem-solver. I've seen her in action at all of the PTA meetings, etc., and have been extremely impressed. The same goes for the faculty I've come to know as well. The parking/pick-up/issue was resolved last year, and the waiting area now has nice benches for seating, with pretty flowers planted there too. The parental involvement is incredible--I can't believe how much gets accomplished via volunteer efforts here. In fact, we have friends in the other district in town and in comparing notes, assignments, etc., they have told me that they are jealous of what is taking place at our school--HONEST! Submitted by a parent

Posted September 15, 2010
Great school, Wonderful parent involvement, Awesome teachers!! Love Love Manzanita. My kids teachers are awesome. You can tell they really care about the kids. Our PTA raises a ton of money each year and does great things with it. (including paying for our own music teacher)

Posted September 15, 2010
I love this school. We got a new principal 3 yrs. ago and she is wonderful very involved with the kids/parents. she has our childrens best interest at heart. she has changed things around for when we pick up our kids to where they are safe.and a new area to stand close to one of the buildings with benches to wait on. ones are no longer able to just walk around the halls and pick up there kids,. Never know if someone is a sex offender praying on our children. love the new arrangement. We are the only elementary school that has a music teacher. thanks to the PTA fund raiser to pay for her.. This was the best move we could of done by putting our son in this school. I highly recommend it.

Posted September 13, 2010
I have been a teacher for over 11 years, and Manzanita is the kind of school I would love to teach in. My children have gone to this school for the last 3 years and love it. We had a talented, dedicated faculty that is continuously striving to do an even better job. Our parent group is unrivaled in participation and enthusiasm. I encourage any parent curious about Manzanita to visit. I did, and what I found led me not to homeschool.

Manzanita Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I love Manzanita because they will do anything to make sure that their kids succeed and excel.The have the best teachers around.They do all they can with the little funding they have.

Posted May 22, 2009
Last year this school was just fine, I like the teachers, but this year the school got a different principal and she is making the pick-up area miserable for the parents and children. I am a volunteer at school and they know me, but now I can t even wait for my child in the school area. They are making the parents wait more than 100 feet away from school ( worse than for smokers). This principle made a drive-thru picking up for the kids and now the main street San Francisco St is blocked with cars waiting for the children. The parents who wanted to pick up their kids at school haveI wish to drive thru the ditch. I had choice and could take my child to a different public school!

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted January 05, 2009
This school is going downhill fast. In 2006-2007 the school had a fantastic principal. She left to go to another school in the district and ever since they've had a revolving door on the principal's office. The current principal is more interested in re-doing the parking/pick-up area than she is in the educating of our children. In talking with other parents the general feeling is the district is showing a blind eye to the goings-on in it's schools. If you can avoid this school and this district do so- your kids will thank you for it!

Manzanita Elementary School
310 San Francisco St, Grants Pass, OR  97526
Last modified Manzanita Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manzanita Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top