PK-7|Private

Bad
Good

Eastside Christian School 5

Posted February 26, 2011
We have had our 2 children at Eastside Christian for 4 years and each year I have come to appreciate this school more and more. Small class sizes, caring teachers and staff, and a solid Christian foundation have made our experience at Eastside a very positive one. My kids are excelling and I love the ability to be involved in the school. Our school uses A-Beka curriculum, but supplements with other curriculums too. I find that my children do many hands on (and quality) projects in the classroom. There are some very creative teachers there. This is a very affordable option compared to many other private schools out there.

Eastside Christian School 5

Posted April 08, 2009
Luv it!!! my daughter was in preschool for 2 years. She is now in 1st grade & excels in her school work, reading & luvs school my son is now in preschool & i luv it just as much as i did before. My other son will be going next year too. They are small classroom sizes so your cildren really get hands on teachers. My son is 3 and is already reading books & knows his alphabet.

Eastside Christian School

Posted February 28, 2009
Our daughter went to eastside for her preschool years and we loved it. She entered into public school knowing all she needed to know for her first year, and still is excelling. Thanks eastside! Our two-year-olds will be attending next year if at all possible.

Posted October 27, 2008
My kids just started this year and I am very happy. I believe if we put nothing into our schools that's what we will get out of them. The more we invest the better.

Posted May 26, 2008
Both of my children have gone there since 2005. I love the Ab-eka curriculum. (Which was a must for me when finding a school.) My children s current teachers do extra hands on activities, which they both love. Every year my son says he loves this teacher the best and this is his favorite one. (Mind you this is his third favorite one.) He loves every one of them he has had, as does my daughter. Classes are small which is very nice. I can e-mail the teachers if I have any questions or concerns. They also have a web site that I can go to and look at Grades, Lesson Plans, Calendar of events, and Homework assignments, which is great for my I don t have any homework kid. I have and will recommend it to many friends. Oh yeah-good price and 2nd kid is cheaper.

Eastside Christian School 1

Posted July 29, 2007
There are small class sizes & good opportunities for teacher/student interaction. After-school daycare is an affordable option. Parental involvement is improving with time. The curriculum is Christian based, very rote, leaves little room for hands-on learning aside from set curriculum guidelines. Little vision for the school exists. Good if you are looking for small, no-name school with Christian foundation but limited activities.

Posted July 20, 2007
My Daughter has gone there for a couple of years now, and she loves it! The only problem I have is that there is no music department or sports to really speak about. She would love to learn to play a musical instrument. So on top of the cost of school, we are having to send her to private lessons. I would also like to see a couple of the teachers relax a little, and smile. My over all rating for this school is an A. The way all of the teachers teach, and work with every individual student on their level, is great. And their bible teaching is top notch! I would recommend Eastside to all of my friends.

Eastside Christian School 2

Posted April 25, 2007
This school is not the best. My daughter has gone there for a few years and I have had a number of problems. The sports programs are all but nonexsistant. Teacher's are good but not very communicative. The principle is a good guy, but doesn't know really how to run a school. I will say that it is nice to have after school daycare available. My daughter has been relatively happy going there. Not a lot of kids in her class so she does receive a fair amount of attention. The flip side to that is not a lot of friend making opportunities. On a whole, it's not a bad school for the money. Not sure that I would recommend it however.

Eastside Christian School 3

Posted October 01, 2006
The Academic Program is called A-Beka Curriculum which is all pencil, paper, and books. There is very little hands on especially in the upper grades. They do offer volley ball and Basket ball, they also have a spelling bee and math compatition that they go to every year. The parent involvement has improved over the past few years. I taught there for one year and it was very hard for me because of the curriculum not being hands on. The teachers are very supportive of each other the principal is like a preacher. He is not an administrator, just a man in charge. If you are there to provide your students a Christian education then Eastside is for you.

Eastside Christian School
5001 W Powell Blvd, Gresham, OR  97030
Last modified Eastside Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7