Gresham, OR
Before care: Yes

Posted September 28, 2014
My kids have all attended Kelly Creek Elementary from kindergarten through 5th grade, and they've each had a wonderful experience there. There is a strong sense of community and support for students. Parents are often involved in many aspects of the school. With only one exception during all this time (involving a teacher who is no longer there), the teachers have been consistently outstanding and problems are resolved quickly at all levels. I know several families who moved away and were so disappointed by other school that they moved back just so their kids could go back to KC. I also love the diversity in the student population. The only challenge I see is a need for more financial resources, which is an issue that is up to the State and the voters (not the school), but they have done great things with the budget they have. I'm happy my kids are KC students!

Kelly Creek Elementary School 4

Posted March 15, 2014
I was surprised to see such a low rating for Kelly Creek Elementary school from Zillow. Both of my kids attended and the teachers and other staff were wonderful. School was clean and modern. When my kids reached middle school they were in the upper 15% in reading/math/English.

Posted March 02, 2014
I live in the Kelly Creek School area and am so very impressed with the spirit felt at the school as well as the wonderful activities and interaction with staff, teachers, students and parents as well. I would like very much to see these students doing more in their neighborhood community by sharing their activities and assistance to people in their area. Perhaps once a month the students could be providing ideas for making their neighborhood a better place and enlisting the help of the many retired people in the area of the school to assist and be an integral part of the activity or project. Perhaps planting bulbs at a home of a disabled neighbor who could enjoy the joy and remember the excitement of seeing the students making this a memory. Students might note ways in which the retired or new neighbors might learn or know more about their school by taking photos of their recent projects and sharing with homes within the neighborhood or with the neighborhood leader in a certain area about the school. Interaction with neighboring homes can be timely, and can open new doors and support systems for both neighbors and schools.

Posted March 05, 2013
My daughter has LOVED attending at Kelly Creek. Her teacher has been very caring and is wonderful with all of her students.

Kelly Creek Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2009
My child has gone to Kelly Creek since Kindergarden. This will be her last year. I volunteer a lot of my time in the class room and have gotten to know the staff and teachers fairly well. I am impressed with all they have to juggle and how well they do it. There is a real concern for the students and they do try and deal with problems before they get out of hand. All the staff are great! From the custodians to the principle, everyone is there for the students. I would highly recommend Kelly Creek! What I would encourage is more parent envolvement with their kids at home. I see kids who could excell if their parents would put time into their reading habits and talk to them about their homework. Great PTC!

Kelly Creek Elementary School 0

Posted March 07, 2009
I would recommend this school to anyone. Our twin 10 yr old girls both enjoy their teachers and both my wife & I have had all positive interation experiences w/ both them and the staff. Thank you for caring, Kelly Creek!

Posted November 20, 2008
My children spent three years at Kelly Creek before we had to move out of the area. I would highly recomend this shcool. My experience with the teachers from Kindergarten to Fifth grade was all positive. If I had any concerns, they were open to resolve them, help my children with school work if it was difficult for them, were open to communication by phone, email or in person also. They love having parent volunteers and show you they really appreciate it. Mr. Goerke and the office staff are really wonderful also. Your children will be taken care of beautifully if you choose to send them to Kelly Creek elementary.

Posted August 19, 2008
I've had an excellent experience with the school. I've been able to approach teachers and the principle to voice concerns and ask questions without any problem. I always feel heard, and problems are frequently resolved quickly. The teachers and staff are very friendly, and they display respect toward the kids (very important). I have a background in education and am very impressed with how the teachers have managed to balance government standards, helping students with disabilities, managing individual student behavior, and making learning fun. But the must successful kids are the ones who have parents who take an active role in teaching their kids outside of the classroom; we can't expect the schools to do it all. I'm certainly a fan of Kelly Creek Elem.

Kelly Creek Elementary School 0

Posted March 22, 2008
Im a parent of a child that is student at Kelly Creek. I only have one concern with the school and admin. Once I raised questions with the schools homework polices, and asked direct questions to my childs teacher on the same regard. To my suprise I was told not to come to the school unanounced, and that my questioning of the schools homework was not wanted. I really find it humorous that a teacher can't justifiy her assiments to her student without first consulting with others. If someone was to ask why I do something, at least I could tell them why if is that I do it. I was asked not to come back to the school at all. That tho I never raised my voice, and only asked direct question, I was labled as a threat. Questioning the schools is not a threat its our right as parents.

Kelly Creek Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2008

Kelly Creek Elementary School
2400 SE Baker Way, Gresham, OR  97080
Last modified Kelly Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kelly Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top