Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This school strikes a great balance of maintaining an orderly structured learning environment without tolerance of bad behavior, and enabling the students to have fun, develop their strengths and catch up on their weak subjects. Especially great band/music program. All of my children have thrived here.

I do like McCarty Middle school my son seems to be doing good with grades I have not complaint regarding teacher or school rules they really work very good with student good motivator with student I like it too because they push and motivate student to ready

McCarty is school that cares about all students. I'm impressed with the effort made to meet the needs of my son, who is a TAG student. The new honors English class provides him with the kind of challenge that will help him to be a success once he gets to high school. I don't know whether or not he will go to a public high school, next year, but I know that the teachers at McCarty have done a great job getting him ready. I commend the principal who has bent over backward to allow my son to be a part of this great advance program, even though the class was full.

My sixth grade child has been struggling most of his school years with math. It wasn't until this year that she has really been able to catch up. McCarty's new math lab program was a requirement for her because of her poor test scores on the state test last year. This year, she is already passing her state math test and getting B's in her math class. The principal has been the driving force behind this program and my hat is off to him and his staff for finally finding the key to my child's success

Dexter McCarty is a great school, but not all of te teachers. The principal and Vice principal are great and the acedimic all-star awards they give out are awesome and make me feel proud of myself. I love this school but the teachers don't always give me extra help when I need it. They also don't confront me when I am starting to struggle. I would like to have my own time to do my work and not feel like im the only one having trouble in a certian class because that makes me not want to ask quesitons. But it does have a great physical education program and I enjoy all my classes besides algebra

I am a parent of three children, all of whom attended McCarty Middle School. I have been so impressed with this school's teachers and administration. There are high standards and help for those who are struggling. When my youngest, who was an eighth grader last year, began to have problems in math, I was immediately notified and interventions were in place within days. All of my children have been provided additional help and resources when necessary. There are many positive incentives in place to encourage students to do well. The Principal is outstanding - good communicator and a strong role model. The staff is the best!

My child attended this school for three years. There is very little communication between teachers/parents. At conferences I was told my child was doing well, no issues or problems. At the end of eighth grade - it seems he wasn't meeting state 'benchmarks'. Quite a surprise when grades and teachers comments did not lead me to beleive there were any issues. Also, seemed to be very little help for students struggling with material. The school does have high expectations for students to learn to be responsible for themselves (homework, behavior etc. ) However, at some point some help was needed (homework was completed etc.)

No parental involvement unless your kid is in trouble. No positive incentives only negative referrals for minor offenses. If your child tests behind do not expect any help. I have another child entering middle school and I will not allow them to attend Dexter McCarty. The principal has no relationship with the parents or students.

Last modified Dexter Mccarty Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.