Gresham, OR

Posted March 20, 2014
I can only speak to the time my oldest went to this school- we had to transfer her the last quarter of her 7th grade year from Centennial (since we moved to a new school district). She struggled SO much with math at her old school (it was honestly horrible and frustrating when she had homework she never understood it)- but she did great at her new school within weeks! All I can grade it on is our personal experience- and, in general- but she enjoyed her classes/teachers, did well in her studies and overall was a changed student! She met some great friends and we never had any issues in the time she went there.

Posted November 10, 2009

Posted October 09, 2009

Gordon Russell Middle School 5

Posted July 02, 2009

Gordon Russell Middle School 5

Posted September 17, 2008
My child is currently a 7th grader at GRMS. I personally, attended the school 20 years ago, and I think I loved it as much as she does now. I don't know if we have just been fortunate, or the G/B School District has a lot of great teachers, but we have YET to be disappointed! They all seem to have a very strong passion for driving the kids to not only learn, but love to learn. She feels safe there, she feels like discipline issues are dealt with, and the student body as a whole seems to all know one another, and there is a lot of 'community' within the school. The PAC is a strong, the principal gives 100% support, and I will be just a little bit sad when she finishes her 8th grade year, and moves on. HEMSTEAD IS THE BEST!

Posted December 29, 2007
my daughter has been at this school two years now, the first year i took her out before the third month was out due to the fact that there is no control over the students there, there is violence and uncontrolled behavior from the students and it seems that nothing is done to help it. I was forced to send her there again this year because of where we live, I would love to home school my daughter just to get her out of there, but unless I move she is stuck as well as I am. I just keep telling her it is only for a few more months. I dont recommend any kid go to this school.

Posted October 05, 2007
This school has greatly improved over the years and I would now recommend it for any student new to the area. Perhaps, it is because my child may be slightly more comfortable in her own skin this year? I just would not suggest this school for incoming seventh graders. Too intimidating educating a middle student. Home school them that year. It's good advice :)

Gordon Russell Middle School 2

Posted November 14, 2005

Posted May 10, 2005
Educational philosophy is to forcefully mainstream every student. Princpal creates adversarial relationships with parents and refuses to follow federal, state, and local laws and policies. Administration continually reflects inability to cope with large student population. Quality of instruction extremely inconsistent. This school has the worst internal communication I have witnessed in any organization, and does not appear to have any form of policy providing guidelines for parent/teacher communication. There are a number of excellent activities, but it is extremely confusing/inconsistent for 6th graders. From administration down, school has a very negative environment. Primary goal is to police rather than to educate. If you expect your child to actively learn and you expect a cooperative working relationship with your child's school... avoid this place like the plague. Home school, boarding school, join a cult, but don't send your child to this school.

Posted August 10, 2004
My son has been at GR for one year. His first year was a very good one for him. His teachers were great, the school was safe, and he was challenged to push himself. We had heard a mixed review of the school before he went there, so things were much better than expected. There seem to be plenty of opportunites for students to excell. They are encouraged to develope and progress in their study habits. All of the staff we've come into contact with so far are enthusiastic and willing to offer individual attention. They seem to enjoy their jobs and invest a lot personally in their classroom. As is the rule with schools nationwide today, you get out of them what you put into them. Be prepared to devote some time to volunteer for a field trip or attend an event. We're happy with the school so far.

Gordon Russell Middle School
3625 East Powell Valley Rd, Gresham, OR  97080
Last modified Gordon Russell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gordon Russell Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top