Bad
Good

I can only speak to the time my oldest went to this school- we had to transfer her the last quarter of her 7th grade year from Centennial (since we moved to a new school district). She struggled SO much with math at her old school (it was honestly horrible and frustrating when she had homework she never understood it)- but she did great at her new school within weeks! All I can grade it on is our personal experience- and, in general- but she enjoyed her classes/teachers, did well in her studies and overall was a changed student! She met some great friends and we never had any issues in the time she went there.

My child is currently a 7th grader at GRMS. I personally, attended the school 20 years ago, and I think I loved it as much as she does now. I don't know if we have just been fortunate, or the G/B School District has a lot of great teachers, but we have YET to be disappointed! They all seem to have a very strong passion for driving the kids to not only learn, but love to learn. She feels safe there, she feels like discipline issues are dealt with, and the student body as a whole seems to all know one another, and there is a lot of 'community' within the school. The PAC is a strong, the principal gives 100% support, and I will be just a little bit sad when she finishes her 8th grade year, and moves on. HEMSTEAD IS THE BEST!

my daughter has been at this school two years now, the first year i took her out before the third month was out due to the fact that there is no control over the students there, there is violence and uncontrolled behavior from the students and it seems that nothing is done to help it. I was forced to send her there again this year because of where we live, I would love to home school my daughter just to get her out of there, but unless I move she is stuck as well as I am. I just keep telling her it is only for a few more months. I dont recommend any kid go to this school.

This school has greatly improved over the years and I would now recommend it for any student new to the area. Perhaps, it is because my child may be slightly more comfortable in her own skin this year? I just would not suggest this school for incoming seventh graders. Too intimidating educating a middle student. Home school them that year. It's good advice :)

Last modified Gordon Russell Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.