Bad
Good

I loved this school a few years ago when my children first started attending. Now I can not in good faith say the same today. The school has all but sucked the creativity, and individualism out of my poor five year old. The teachers are still wonderful, however the principal and administrative staff are horrible. Children should be treated like children. A five year old should not be treated as a young adult. It seems if there is any disturbance at all there answer is to call the parents to pick up their child, not get to the bottom of what the problem is, or why the child was acting up. Disappointed is an understatement. At least I am in a place financially to correct the situation. We are moving. Mrs. Breyer is an awesome teacher. I will honestly miss her.

We bought a house in this district based on the reviews and feedback we read for this school, but our experiences over the years have been very unsatisfactory. My child feels bullied and unhappy, and is on the outside of a strong clique culture that exists within the school. Every year the school undergoes vast changes, including changes in principals, and there is no stability here. I hate to say anything negative about the school, but I wish I'd had the benefit of this feedback a few years ago. Positives: Low amounts of student-student violence, some very dedicated teachers, a thriving after-school program.

My daughter attended Highland for three years and they were by far the best years she has had in school! She is at the end of 5th grade and we will both miss the atmosphere and very kind staff! I hope we are still in the area so my 4 year old daughter can attend for her elemetary years!

The staff works so hard to bring all of the children up to acceptable standards. They are always looking for new ideas, what works, and what they can do better. I feel fortunate to be a part of this team. The teaching staff and principal are highly professional and motivated.

Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.