Gresham, OR
Students enrolled: 1,754

Gresham High School 2

Posted April 05, 2015
This school is terrible. I've tried to attend here twice. The main part of the school is over a century old. They are bitter rivals. And when my sister attended they lost her transcripts. Very few teachers are actually helpful. And they spend all they're money for school sports and not something worth meaning like academics.

Posted September 17, 2013
I graduated from Gresham High School in 2010. All 4 years of HS I transferred to GHS because I was out of district. One of the reasons I transferred every single year was that no other school offered AVID, I can proudly say that I was part of the first generation of AVID. This school has resources that others schools didn't offer and still to this day can offer better assistance to each of its students. They have computers and one on one teaching. Their staff actually does care for the future of the students. Both me and my brother graduated from this school and would with no doubt recommend it to more students and parents. I am glad I attended GHS, it opened many doors for me.

Posted April 04, 2010
This school is one of the best that I have been to. The staff are caring and helpful, and all of the classes are taught by people who like their subject. I want to draw particular attention to the Technology program. Mr Walker, the teacher, is an incredibly gifted man who really teaches the kids in a cool way. He really is dedicated. Drama is also a strong point..

Posted July 22, 2009
I love the school it makes it fun(: and the school keeps you on your toes.

Posted December 07, 2008
All my kids have gone to GHS. They got a great education, the school is excellent, and the staff is wonderful

Posted June 30, 2008
Gresham High School is a great place to experience high school. As I a student I walk down the halls each day knowing that I am safe, accepted, and supported. Within the historic walls of GHS lies a coalition of diverse cultures, races, and respective groups, all bonded together by school pride. The experienced faculty is extremely friendly; each striving to help students succeed above standard curriculum, a rare characteristic in today s education system. Nothing out matches the Gopher student body when athletics, performing arts, and student leadership are at play. Some schools are able to boast about 1 particular attribute they excel in but I can honestly say that I attend the most well balanced school in East County. I may slightly pompous but as a member of various student activities; I have experienced as much of high school as possible and I am proud to represent GHS.

Gresham High School 4

Posted June 09, 2008
Gresham High School has an outstanding reputation for students who excel and faculty and staff who are extremely caring. Parent involvement is outstanding as well.

Gresham High School 3

Posted May 31, 2006
Overall a good school. I was a student there before and now have a daughter that just left there. The staff needs work, though. They don't do a good job of helping struggling students. Usually the students are left behind and can't catch up. There are also a great deal of gangs and drug/alcohol use in the school.

Gresham High School 4

Posted August 16, 2005
I read a couple of negative posts regarding Gresham High. The racial bias and intolerance allegations particularly standout. From my experience, they are unwarranted. Both of my daughters attend GHS. We have had nothing but a pleasant experience. The old principal was a little shaky but that has been remedied. The extra-curricular programs are outstanding. I have no debate with the academic programs, particularly since the Center for Advanced Learning was opened to GHS students. I am also a little puzzled about the post that alleges that only the 'achievers' are given their due by the teachers. That is certainly not my experience. The teachers are genuinely interested in student progress. For those who complain about teacher performance or interest it may be their kid more than the teachers. If you show up prepared to learn, I am confident the student will get more than a fair shake.

Gresham High School 2

Posted March 05, 2005
In a conservative town, GHS manages to maintain a staff of fairly open-minded, encouraging members. Students at Gresham are currently dealing with issues concerning racial, socio-ecomonic, religious, sexual and academic differences. Staff does little to help students cope with divisions and diversity. Safety is threatened because of the sometimes volatile environment that exists due in part to these divisions between students. Teachers and administrators are 'good' however, the counseling staff is seriously lacking. They are responsible for too many areas (such as, career/job/college/academic/interest counseling as well as social work counseling). The district as a whole does a poor job of dividing money/salaries/priorities. They tend to value admin far more than teachers. This is one of their biggest faults. Much emphasis is put on the IB program, Student Council, general 'achiever' type activities/classes. Students not a part of this small percentage of 'achievers' are left to fall through the cracks of society.

Gresham High School
1200 North Main Ave, Gresham, OR  97030
Last modified Gresham High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gresham High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top