Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Unsatisfactory special needs program, and staff. I don't recommend this school. Good luck if your child is within boundaries of this school.

Special needs children are treated poorly here by staff, and students. Bullying, and singling kids out is tolerated daily here. Advocating for your special needs child is a daily struggle, and you will be lucky if your child gets to spend a full day at school if they have special needs. This school is not equipt to handle any special needs children. As a manditory reporter in the area of social work, my eyes are closely watching the way the staff will handle and treat my special needs child this year. Good luck to any parents having to take on this school. You will need it.

The principal goes above and beyond to make sure each child has a positive experience and is welcome in the school. He personally called to make sure my child had a great first day since we started a few weeks late. He actually remembers nearly every child's name (I have witnessed this on many occasion) and is positive and involved with the kids all day (not just sitting in his office)! They focus on positive reinforcement and reward for good behavior first. Parents are welcome with open arms and are encouraged to volunteer and stay involved, which is paramount to kids success (you can't rely on the teachers and principal alone when schools in the Portland area are so packed!). When volunteering in both of my kids classes, I noticed that children who need a little more help seemed to be identified and were given additional help by in-class volunteers (by teacher request) and they received modified assignments for certain subjects from the teachers to help them catch up. I thought was great for the kids who need help AND great for the kids who are advancing so their progress is not slowed down by others.

My children have attended this school for 5 years now. What a wonderful environment!! From the top down, everyone is fantastic! Their goal is to teach the kids to be kind, safe and responsible. To themselves and to each other. The Principal, Mr Long, is just a fabulous leader. The PTA works so hard to have so many fun and community building events. I truly believe that this school offers a wonderful foundation of education for my kids to build off of. I encourage you to visit this school and see for yourself!

Spring Mountain is an excellent school. The staff takes the time to understand each child's needs. The principal greets every child by name and is well loved by the community. If a child is struggling academically the school has a wonderful group of specialist available to assist them. Like any school parent involvement is required to ensure that your child receives a well rounded education.

My son is not doing well at this school and the principle only knows punishment.

We recently purchased a home in Happy Valley because we wanted our son to attend school in North Clackamas. Spring Mountain elementary is a wonderful school. The secretary, principle, teachers and bus drivers go above and beyond to make children feel welcome. During the summer we had a surprise visit from the principle Mr Long and my son's new kindergarten teacher Mrs. Turner. They wanted to say hello and meet us before school started. They try and visit every student who attends school there. When I was concerned about walking to the bus stop on our busy street, they changed the stop and now pick my son up at our house. The bus driver has greeted my son by name since the first day of school. The class sizes are large, but the teachers do an amazing job. After just 1 month of school my kindergartner was writing his numbers to 100 and reading. The principle gets to know each child. He spends time dressing up as zero the hero in my son's class, making the kids laugh. They all love him. I feel so blessed to be able to send my child to such a wonderful school, where he looks forward to going every day.

The school is very well managed by thier principle .The procedures and policy choices are exceptional ,my child is learning,safe,happy with his school

Our new Principal is amazing. He has lifted the school up in spirit and academics. The staff appears relaxed and happy. They constantly share this feeling with the students. I couldn't be happier than to have my kids here.

Thanks to the Clackamas ESD and Spring Mountain, our autistic son is doing fabulous and attending a general education classroom this year! We will be sad to leave this school.

Last modified Spring Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.