Posted February 15, 2014
HVE has amazing staff, however the principal changes every 2 years and that makes it hard to streamline new ideas and leadership. With the budget crunch, class sizes and grade blending (like 2/3 or 4/5) I'm not impressed with. Our fifth grader is bright and loves it, but she's focused enough to handle 38 fellow students in her class. I've volunteered and it's sheer chaos. She's in a split class and is repeating some of the things she learned last year and is not challenged. We also dealt with bullying and the only way it ceased was the bully finally went to another school. Our first grader finds a class of 24 too loud and I'm now pursuing private school. There is tremendous parent volunteer involvement and my opinion is there are several stay at home moms "hens" that have nothing better to do than gossip and display a shallow and materialistic quality. I'm tired of that and too large of classrooms.

Posted October 26, 2013
My son attended this school last year before we (THANKFULLY) moved out of district. Let me just say I have never met more self absorbed snooty people in all of my life. While the school building itself is nice, the people in it are not. My son was bullied, bullied and bullied again. The principle seems to have a problem with strong women. I say this because he was polite and helpful to my husband, but rude and snideful with me. The staff in the front office were rude and would make you wait for them to finish their conversations before even acknowledging your existence in the room. Then would act as though you were putting them out because you were even there. My son's teacher couldn't have care less about him. It's pretty apparent that you only count if you are A) RICH...or B) Rich. IF you are poor/middle class and care about your child you are a problem for them. If your child has special needs, you are not welcome. I cannot stress that enough. IF YOUR CHILD HAS SPECIAL NEEDS>>>THIS IS NOT A SCHOOL FOR YOU! These are my feeling on this place. What a horrible experience for my son.

Posted November 07, 2012
I am a big fan of this school. The new facility built in 2008 is amazing. Teachers are dedicated and many of them have been there a long time. I have a special needs child who was served diligently by both his mainstream and his special education teachers. My kids are safe, they are challenged, they are known by their first names by staff and teachers. Granted it's like any school that is stretched in these tight economic times, but the school is doing an excellent job with the resources available. Parent involvement is high and school pride is plentiful.

Posted June 01, 2010
I AM VERY UNHAPPY WITH HAPPY VALLEY ELEMENTARY. THE PRINCIPAL NEEDS TO PUT AN EFFECTIVE NO BULLY POLICY IN PLACE. THE CHILDREN HERE AT THIS SCHOOL ARE NOT SAFE. MY CHILD GOT HURT BY ANOTHER CLASSMATE AND THERE WAS ONLY ONE DAY OF IN SCHOOL SUSPENSION GIVEN. HE GOT TO GO ON END OF THE YEAR FIELD TRIPS AND WAS REWARDED FOR HURTING MY CHILD. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL.

Posted May 12, 2010
My children have attended HVES for several years and I am pleased. The teachers are great and really care. Yes, the median household income in HV in above average, but I believe that is a plus and not a negative. There are a lot of parent volunteers and parent involvement and that truly helps make this a great school.

Happy Valley Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
I can't begin to stress that this school only serves 'main-stream' kids well. If your child has any special needs or requires individual attention, this is not the school. Teachers are absolutely stretched beyond capacity. If it were not for the parent volunteers, I would have given one star. No sense of community. Lower grades have 27-30 kids. A problem with all schools. My child has literally 'lost' a year, which we will hope to make up over summer. Beautiful structure, but nothing inside.

Posted December 02, 2009
Not impressed...We moved from Pleasant Valley Elementary which I loved to Happy Valley area. I had heard the schools were great. My daughter is not being challenged like she was in Centennial and teachers and parents appear to be more interested in popularity and $$ than educating students. I am hoping this will change, but for now I am not a happy with this school.

Happy Valley Elementary School 0

Posted September 12, 2009
A++++ I paid over $18,000 a year for my kids to attend a private school. Now this for free???? Way better on education! A no brainer. Oh, its brand new!!!! Can you get better????

Posted May 18, 2009
Very happy with the teaching and quality of staff. Although larger class vs teacher than I like it to be, still the school is still top rate. Also the New building being built will make a great school and location only better.

Posted January 27, 2009

Happy Valley Elementary School
13865 SE King Rd, Happy Valley, OR  97086
Last modified Happy Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Happy Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top