Hermiston, OR

Sunset Elementary School 4

Posted January 24, 2014
We moved here from the southeast with very high standards for education...this school has delivered. My son is in kindergarten and has excelled! Mrs. Hoefertt is fantastic! Great at working with the ones that need extra help and pushing the ones that excel to the next level. She keeps the classroom fun and gets the kids moving. All the staff is friendly and helpful. The principle is always outside at arrival and dismissal, not just behind the scenes. Very active in his school.

Sunset Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2011
We moved from out of state so this is our first year at Sunset.(3rd grade) First let me say that I do really like the principal and feel he is doing a great job with the resources he has. I am also impressed with the new building. That aside, I have been quite disappointed with this school. I do not feel like my daughter is getting the level and quality of education that she needs. I don't know if maybe just the testing/academc levels are lower here or what but I feel like she is getting taught at a level comparible with her 1st grade year. I don't feel that she is getting the opportunity to advance in her education like she should be. We have lived in 2 other states and in both of those the schools were wonderful. (so maybe I'm just comparing to what we had ?) This summer we are moving back to where we lived before so my daughter will not be going to Sunset again next year but if we were going to be here I would for sure be looking into another school or other options. This is just my opinion (as everyone has one) Im sure there are many parents who are pleased with their child's education at Sunset, I wish I could say I was one of them.

Sunset Elementary School 4

Posted May 16, 2010
Sunset has a great staff of caring teachers who work together to help kids learn. They are faced with a high poverty area and some parents who do not look at education with much importance. I do not believe that the teachers are focused on the new building as much as they are on kids learning. If I had a child of elementary age I would definitely place him or her at Sunset and feel very secure about their education.

Sunset Elementary School 5

Posted April 25, 2010
Because my son attends there and his teachers and the staff are creating wonderful minds and brilliant children!

Sunset Elementary School 3

Posted March 01, 2009
Not to happy with the office staff. The teachers do okay, but there is room for improvement, like teaching the whole class in english rather than half of it in spanish. The new building will be nice, but I think there needs to be more emphasis on the curriculum than the building.

Sunset Elementary School
300 East Catherine Ave, Hermiston, OR  97838
Last modified Sunset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top