Posted March 07, 2014
St. Matthew is an excellent school. I have had two children attend .My son is now in High school. St. Matts prepared my children with an excellent academic foundation. This is verifiable by their outstanding standardized test scores. The principal is outstanding. There is excellent student/teacher ratio. Faculty very vested and involved. Physical structures are being improved. The school is very clean and neat. I would not hesitate to recommend a child attend this school

St Matthew Catholic School 1

Posted June 18, 2013
Parent volunteers are running the school, dictating small details of kids lives (like where kids sit in class, who plays with who). Kids watch non-educational movies in class. Teachers play favorites. School is in poor physical condition. The preschool is wonderful, though, and there are some wonderful staff members. Overall, it is not worth the money and pain caused by the judgemental clique of parent hangers-on.

Posted June 13, 2013
St. Matts is a great school. I have two children who attend. We love the community feel and the staff is excellent. The principal is kind and runs the school very well. We love it here! The school building could use some attention- painting and renovation to get a perfect score.

Posted September 13, 2012
The principal is excellent! She is caring and kind and has the best interests of every student at heart. Our son 4 years ago graduated from this school. It was because of her and some of the other teachers that he got into a high school that was college prep. He is now going off to college and I credit their help that he is. Our grandson now attends St Matt's and loves it! It has been a very positive experience for our family. I didn't rate it a 5 star only because I think there is always room for improvement, but it really is the best school around. Thank you St Matt's for the excellent care and teaching you give our kids!

St Matthew Catholic School 1

Posted March 04, 2012
This school is in poor condition. I, as a student, go here (against my will) and have found that it is WAY less than structurally sound in the terms of an earthquake. The staff members can be crude and unaware of the current state of science.This school has driven me away from Catholicism. Thank you, St. Matthew!

St Matthew Catholic School 0

Posted March 02, 2010
St Matthews is a great school. Small class-size, well-rounded curriculum including art and physical education, excellent teaching staff, and strong community and parent support and involvement. Our son is in the primary grades, and our daughter is starting there this fall. We are very satisfied St Matthews' parents.

Posted February 28, 2007
Faculty put together by the Principal is amazing and has really set this school apart and made it one of the most sought out private schools on the West side of Portland. They've created an an environment that is both loving and challenging for the kids which allows them to flourish in so many ways (emotionally, academically and spiritually). We feel blessed to have our kids in such a wonderful school!

St Matthew Catholic School 3

Posted January 20, 2007
- a former student
Few faculty members that worked there prior to the addition of the new principal still remain. The music department is in its beginning stages but is definitely on the rise. It was a great school a few years ago but is in a questionable state at the moment.

Posted August 22, 2004
St Matthews is a wonderful place for your children to go to school. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. My oldest daughter graduated 7 years ago and now her brother goes to school there, he loves it. I highly recommend it.

Posted February 23, 2004
Our family is so happy that our children are at St. Matthew School. The teachers and curriculum are the best! We have nothing but good things to say about it.

St Matthew Catholic School
221 Southeast Walnut Street, Hillsboro, OR  97123
Last modified St Matthew Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Matthew Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top