Posted November 28, 2012
Swallowtail School has given my daughter a LOVE of school! Instead of I hate school, we now hear I LOVE my school and she can't wait to return after weekends and holidays. This school truly provides education for the whole child. The teachers focus on curriculum AND character. They also have such an incredible knowledge of child development and temperaments that I am constantly learning from them and gaining effective tools to use with both of my children at home. I finally feel like my children will get the education they need, in a place they will truly enjoy learning. Thank you Swallowtail!

Posted November 27, 2012
Swallowtail School has been wonderful for our son. I love that the school uses music, art, handwork, foreign language and even their farm property to create a holistic learning environment. I'm so thankful my son has this beautiful educational experience.

Posted November 16, 2012
We have two children at Swallowtail, one is in the mixed-age Kindergarten and one is in the 2nd/3rd class. Swallowtail has accomplished so much in improving our boys' happiness (and therefore behavior, attitude, and willingness to play together). The Swallowtail Community has taken our family from good to great! The boys are thriving and are learning immense amounts of academics in formats that are experiential, engaging, and addictive. Swallowtail also has a fantastic rural property just a short distance away. The children get to have monthly Farm Days when they spend the entire day outside, in nature, learning under the trees. The small classes (about 16-18 students) allow for the teachers to know and understand the children better. This allows for immensely better management of the classroom. Because the school is small, the teachers have the freedom to meet the needs of the class and of the individual children. In all, we are thrilled to have found such a great match with Swallowtail!

Posted November 07, 2012
What a wonderful private school experience! Swallowtail truly meets the child where they are, and works to nurture their whole development, not just academics. I'm so happy to have found a school that believes in the arts; that teaches music and multiple subjects through artistic expression. Oral storytelling plays a large role in supporting the head, hands, and heart curriculum. If you are looking for a private school that works to be accessible to all families regardless of income, and is focused on helping your child become a thinking individual who knows their place in the world around them, this is a school to look at.

Posted October 05, 2012
We have struggled for years in the public school system. My son was on an IEP (he struggles with dyslexia) we were lucky to get a little extra help in a system that is failing its students and teachers. Swallowtail is an amazing place. It is a developing Waldorf school. I have looked at Waldorf schools that have felt inflexible. Swallowtail is a small, nurturing place. There is no heavy dogma, just wonderful teachers focused on helping our kids thrive. My son has blossomed. They are flexible about helping you with financing and making things work for your family. I am grateful to be a part of this amazing community.

Swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm 0

Posted November 23, 2008
Swallowtail is a wonderful community of caring individuals, teachers and administration. Its had slow and careful growth sense its inception, and teachers are committed and very caring. The philosophy of the school is Waldorf-based, which in a nutshell is very holistic, embracing all aspects of the child, his body, his mind, his soul and certainly helps foster his imagination. The kids love it there, and have no issues going, and hate to leave at the end of the day. It's a very tight, caring community and I'm very proud to be a part of it.

Posted May 28, 2008

Swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm
332 NE 6th Ave, Hillsboro, OR  97124
Last modified Swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top