PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Swallowtail school goes beyond education! It is a community and mindful place to raise children. I will always be grateful for the years I had at Swallowtail! Cher Levendosky is the greatest Administrator and has lead this school towards continual success!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are committed to this school, every single one of them. Chris and Kelly demonstrate this daily by their incredible time put into teaching!

Amount of homework: Agree

I am confident with Master teachers like Nancy Pierce, Annette Johnson, Ingrid and Pam the homework load is balanced beautifully.

Develops character: Strongly agree

To develop honesty, integrity and fairness for students starts with the teachers and admin. And they are constantly striving!

Today is my son's last day of first grade. He loves his school and his teacher. I don't think I have EVER heard him say he doesn't like school or that he doesn't want to go to school. I think it is a testament to the teacher and the school that even in this last week of the school year he is sad that he won't get to go back to school until fall.

Swallowtail School has given my daughter a LOVE of school! Instead of I hate school, we now hear I LOVE my school and she can't wait to return after weekends and holidays. This school truly provides education for the whole child. The teachers focus on curriculum AND character. They also have such an incredible knowledge of child development and temperaments that I am constantly learning from them and gaining effective tools to use with both of my children at home. I finally feel like my children will get the education they need, in a place they will truly enjoy learning. Thank you Swallowtail!

Swallowtail School has been wonderful for our son. I love that the school uses music, art, handwork, foreign language and even their farm property to create a holistic learning environment. I'm so thankful my son has this beautiful educational experience.

We have two children at Swallowtail, one is in the mixed-age Kindergarten and one is in the 2nd/3rd class. Swallowtail has accomplished so much in improving our boys' happiness (and therefore behavior, attitude, and willingness to play together). The Swallowtail Community has taken our family from good to great! The boys are thriving and are learning immense amounts of academics in formats that are experiential, engaging, and addictive. Swallowtail also has a fantastic rural property just a short distance away. The children get to have monthly Farm Days when they spend the entire day outside, in nature, learning under the trees. The small classes (about 16-18 students) allow for the teachers to know and understand the children better. This allows for immensely better management of the classroom. Because the school is small, the teachers have the freedom to meet the needs of the class and of the individual children. In all, we are thrilled to have found such a great match with Swallowtail!

What a wonderful private school experience! Swallowtail truly meets the child where they are, and works to nurture their whole development, not just academics. I'm so happy to have found a school that believes in the arts; that teaches music and multiple subjects through artistic expression. Oral storytelling plays a large role in supporting the head, hands, and heart curriculum. If you are looking for a private school that works to be accessible to all families regardless of income, and is focused on helping your child become a thinking individual who knows their place in the world around them, this is a school to look at.

We have struggled for years in the public school system. My son was on an IEP (he struggles with dyslexia) we were lucky to get a little extra help in a system that is failing its students and teachers. Swallowtail is an amazing place. It is a developing Waldorf school. I have looked at Waldorf schools that have felt inflexible. Swallowtail is a small, nurturing place. There is no heavy dogma, just wonderful teachers focused on helping our kids thrive. My son has blossomed. They are flexible about helping you with financing and making things work for your family. I am grateful to be a part of this amazing community.

Last modified Swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm is a Private school that serves grades PK-8