Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 28, 2016
We have been at Orenco for 3 years and fall more and more in love with this school each year. Each teacher they've had are beyond fantastic. I keep thinking how did we get so lucky to have the best teacher but then the next year comes and again we are blessed with a new amazing teacher. The Orenco community feels like family. The staff, teachers and parents all want the absolute best for the students. Sadly we may be moving and it breaks our hearts that we may have to leave Orenco. We'd had a horrendous experience at a near by charter school so there is that fear of what if we move and the school is horrible? Orenco was a breath of fresh air that we are truly grateful for. If we do move out of Orenco boundaries, the next school is going to really have to up its game to impress us the way Orenco has.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 28, 2016
My son's 2nd grade teacher, Mr. Cunningham. He has somehow inspired my son to want to do so much more academically and personally. I've seen his love for poetry and writing blossom. I've seen his maturity and ability to take ownership for his actions grow tremendously. He just has a special way of helping the kids see the greatness inside of themselves. We think he is an excellent educator and any student that gets him will forever be changed for the best. He's the kind of teacher that you reflect on later in life and can say he made the difference. I wouldn't doubt him being at the top of my son's favorite teachers list.

Posted February 11, 2014
My daughters are in their 4th year at Orenco and I couldn't have asked for a better school for them! Mrs. Dahl is a dream in 5th grade! My daughter just loves her to death! My youngest has Mrs. Robertson, whom I asked for personally for her because my older daughter had her last year and she rocked! She keeps you well informed with emails and is easy to get a hold of if you need to. Both of these teachers are very carrying, which I've found can be a challenge to find the older your children get. . But these teachers are amazing! I was sad to find out that their long time librarian had left the school. She was amazing with the children and helped my girls really enjoy readying. They have a new principal this year. I haven't personally talked to her much, but she seems nice, but a little unprepared.

Posted June 04, 2013
My daughter is in 4th grade and is in Mrs. Robertson's class. She is new to Orenco this year and I was thrilled my daughter got her as her teacher. She is good about keeping you informed. My daughter isn't thrilled with her, but that is because in 4th grade they expect more out of their students, and my daughter needs that! My younger child is in Mrs. Sprecher's 3rd grade class. She is the most amazing teacher and caring human I may have ever met! This teacher is crazy good! I love this school, the after school programs are really cool! Had a little issue with the principal this year, but our sub principal seems very caring!

Orenco Elementary School 1

Posted January 06, 2012
Horrible school.bullying school.my boys hated that school .they went been above average to below average.teachers don't even care the kids intelligent. Thank god I removed them after a year. Any parents who want to send their children to orenco should think twice.

Orenco Elementary School 1

Posted January 05, 2012
My children absolutely hated it at Orenco. My son loved his 3rd grade teacher, but my daughter and I detested her 2nd grade teacher. She was uncaring, cold, abrasive, and outright rude to my daughter constantly. My daughter was bullied pretty much the whole time she attended Orenco, and when she let the teacher know, she did nothing. I did get help from the counselor, but the teacher waited over a week to even try and fix the problem. I emailed the teacher, including the principal in the email and heard nothing from either of them. My call to the principal went unanswered as well. The library constantly sent home notices that my children's books were overdue, even though I witnessed them putting their books in the book drop. Eventually they would find the books in the book drop, like we told them. I found the staff to be off-putting for the most part. They seemed to stand behind their teachers more than their students. I cannot believe a school would allow bullying to go on, or allow their teachers to act this way towards students. No child should wonder why their teacher dislikes them. A child should feel safe when they are at school, and my daughter definitely didn't.

Posted October 08, 2010
my 3 kids went to orenco skyler crystal ashley clowers i love this school ther is no other school i would have wanted my kids to go to. i went thure a hard time in my life at one point and some of the staff was willing to keep them at ther house till i got my life back on track. know family took them for me but what school would do that none i thank you orenco for beaing ther for me with much love your friend jody

Orenco Elementary School 3

Posted October 05, 2009
Two of my children attended Orenco during 2006-2007. They were fortunate to have great teachers who kept me informed of upcoming events when I was at the school to pick up my children. However, the administration seemed determined to keep parents in the dark. I missed my daughter's 1st grade assembly because they would let us know about those things after the fact. The parent organization at the school was called 'the booster club', and seemed to exist only for fundraising. If you are looking for a school that will take over the education of your children, this is it. If you want to be involved and informed about the education and activities of your children, move to another state, perhaps. It is a nice new school and they have fun and give lots of rewards. All in all, it was fun for my kids; it was frustrating for me.

Posted April 01, 2009
The teachers are active in putting together special clubs for the students like the Chess Club. The Blast Program is also at Orenco which is an after school childcare program for only 700.00 a year. It has been great. The school is open to parent volunteers and is always willing and prepared to accept help. The reading program is amazing and the students all have access to computers in the classroom.

Posted December 29, 2007
My second grader loves Orenco and is excited about going to school each day. He started out with average test scores and now is excelling in his class. His teacher genuinely cares and has many positive and creative ways to encourage the kids to shine....i.e. self manager badges. I cannot say enough good things about his teacher and the school. I'm very happy with experience there.

22550 NW Birch St, Hillsboro, OR  97124
Last modified Orenco Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.