Hillsboro, OR

Imlay Elementary School 1

Posted December 08, 2014
We have been so thoroughly disappointed by this school. So many terrific people but it is uneven with little to no help for students who need any additional resources and so lacking in leadership. And so few private options. We are planning to move.

Imlay Elementary School 3

Posted October 13, 2014
We started at Imlay several years ago and fell in love with the school. The teachers were amazing, the class sizes were reasonable and everyone was very welcoming. Now the classes are at 30+ kids, back to school night is a thing of the past, and problems are met with "what do you want me to do, I have 30 kids." Every year I feel a bit more discouraged. Children of high ability lack any meaningful challenge, while kids on the other end of the spectrum also are not getting the help they need to succeed. Leadership seems impotent with plenty of attentive listening, yet little action. Requests for student assistance are largely ignored until placed in writing, and then met with apprehension and resistance. Parent involvement in the upper grades seems to be actively discouraged, yet desperately needed. That said, there are a handful of amazing teachers that make Imlay special, and a great community of very involved parents. I really do miss the good years we had at Imlay, and hope somebody that can make a difference is listening.

Imlay Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2014
The school has great kindergarten, first grade and second grade teachers. The upper grades especially 6th grade is awful the teachers don't know how to deal with kids. Also the principal has lost control of all of her teachers and is unable to fix any problems. The school needs a strong principal that can bring back a good working environment so that the children won't suffer. If the entire school were like in the kindergarten, first and second grade teachers I would give it 5 stars.

Imlay Elementary School 2

Posted May 09, 2014
The leadership is absent here, such a sad change from several years ago. The loss of the school counselor was the last straw.

Imlay Elementary School 3

Posted June 14, 2010
Imlay has awesome teachers that really go the extra mile for the kids. We miss the old principal though as the new one is not very empathetic to young impressionable children .

Posted May 11, 2009
Imaly is a great school. I have a son in kindergarten this year. I am impressed with the teaching methods my son's teacher is using. When I compare what my son does in this school with his friend in private school, I find he is doing more. I am not a big advocate for homework at his age but I find the reading assignment and homework my son gets have helped him with his reading and math. The assignments are not hard but enough to help practise what he has learned that week. I am vey confident my son is ready for first grade next year.

Posted January 29, 2008

Posted April 22, 2006
This is a great school. Lots of parent helpers are everywhere and the school is full of student's work. I still don't understand why the special ed kids have a teacher to student ratio of one on one and the regular classes have 30 kids and one teacher. Maybe that is what's wrong with our budget.

Posted September 30, 2003
Imlay is a great school and community. There is definately a strong tie with the parents involved. Mrs. D makes every child feel special and interacts with the children and parent and teachers. She is a great principal.

Imlay Elementary School
5900 SE Lois St, Hillsboro, OR  97123
Last modified Imlay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Imlay Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top