Hillsboro, OR

Posted April 17, 2014
Another great year at Liberty as a parent of two boys in high school just can't express how much we love Liberty my oldest just got accepted to OSU and my youngest a sophomore can't wait to start touring colleges for him. Thanks Liberty!

Liberty High School 1

Posted January 24, 2013
Sorry - last post I meant "The administration" - not the administrator" - the entire administration - from the front office staff to the principals, VP's, and dean of students - they show a complete lack of compassion and concern for students - I have witnessed this time and time again and have addressed this concern with them directly. It is disheartening, to say the least. And from a parent of a child who excels, I can continue to support my child, but for those who lack the support or need a bit more through the door? Liberty is failing our children, our most valuable assets.

Liberty High School 1

Posted January 05, 2012
I'm not impressed with Liberty HS or the administrative staff. My son does not like going to school because they dont really teach them much and the kids are mean. Not just to my son, other kids get picked on too. I know several kids who have left this school cuz they didnt fit in. The administrative staff does not listen to or work with parents. I find they are very unprofessional and unprepared for questions pertaining to policy's and plans to ensure the safety of my son when asked. Basically I get the feeling that these guys are here to collect a paycheck and pass the time. If your child pass's great, if not Darn! sorry about that. they do not work with or assist parents at all. They will not listen, but will tell YOU how it is. There is no public transportation to this school. This makes it hard for a lot of kids to get to school if they miss the school. also parents who dont drive are not able to get to the school very easily.

Posted December 13, 2009
All I have to say is, I went to liberty for 4 years. And it was awesome! Teachers are great! Always helped me even when I never asked. People just need to realize what they have with this school and use up everything it has to offer. Going to LHS I probably only used up half's of Liberty's potential (if that.) And I have come to find out that even with the half of the school's potential I have done more, and even seen more than most of my peers in my major (which is Film.) Which has given me an advantage that not a lot have had. I am very glad that I went to Liberty. And I wish more could have the experience I have had.

Liberty High School 2

Posted August 20, 2009
That last comment, posted on April 28, expressed my sentiments exactly. Their programs are one-size-fits-all, unimaginative, impersonal, of the 'drill & kill' (teach to the test) approach. My child is an 'A' student, but hates LHS. There are few opportunities for student to participate in an interactive, engaging way. Instead, they must sit and take instruction from the teachers, then regurgitate the info. This makes education very painful for kids like mine. It seems to be the modus operandi of the entire Hillsboro School District. All the schools are the same and there is no diversity of programming anywhere in the district.

Liberty High School 0

Posted April 28, 2009
Liberty High School fails to help students who do not fit into a 'traditional' mold. It does not foster creative or critcal thinking and has no plan to help parents with students who are ill or otherwise physically disabled. I would not reccomend this school to any parent with a gifted, intellegent child or any parent with a child who suffers from physical illness or disablities.

Posted January 18, 2009
Liberty HS has made a name for itself on the national scene, hosting a 2008 presidential campaign visit from Hillary Clinton and sending 31 students and 2 teachers to the 2009 inauguration of President Obama. Our freshman student loves the small size of the school, the 3 days a week of free tutoring, the teachers, and the helpful administrative staff. She brings home challenging homework almost every night, and her GPA has gone up considerably over middle school grades. Based on the 2 low reviews here, I would say the school has improved drastically over the last 3 years. -Rock Creek Parent

Liberty High School 4

Posted March 21, 2008
Liberty has a great principal and some wonderful teachers. Liberty is a new school but already has some fun and rewarding traditions like 'Mr. Liberty' and the 'Senior Citizen' Prom and the prom for special needs students among other events that include the community and help the students to enjoy helping their community.

Liberty High School 2

Posted February 07, 2008

Posted January 22, 2008

Liberty High School
21945 NW Wagon Way, Hillsboro, OR  97214
Last modified Liberty High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Liberty High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top