Bad
Good

My child received an extremely valuable education at City View for five years. Now in middle school, she excels academically and socially thanks to City View's curriculum within Expeditionary Learning. The confidence this school instills in their students leads to a lifetime of loving learning.

We love this school and learning style. The teachers are so caring and involved. They take the time to really learn who your child is and how they learn best. I love that it's a combo of both classroom and "field work" it's a very hands on style of learning. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. (So far were in our second year here)

City View Charter School in Hillsboro, Oregon. My special needs child has made great strides in a short period of time. My sincere thanks to the principal (Jeff), the counselor, the teacher, the teacher's aide, the office specialist, the play ground attendants, and others who have worked together to help him deal with his challenges. Their teamwork, knowledge and professionalism are impressive. City View has developed into a fine school.

An Amazing School! My children have been here a few years and I as a parent have seen so much growth in them! I am so happy that we decided to go with City View. I love that this school pays so much attention to educational strengths and weaknesses with their students. The staff is always warm and accommodating. The Principal is a great leader for the school. He makes himself available to students and parents, listens and works with everyone to a fair solution. I tell all my friends about this school even though there is a wait list I still tell them to sign up.

Unfortunately my children have been attending the school for the last 5 years. I wish I could say in the 5 years that we've been there we have had a great experience but I cannot say that. The teacher are not happy they seem bothered when you come to them with questions. The principal jeff is a very interesting man. I see his face everyday and he is not happy with his position as a principal at all. The only reason we keep our kids in the school is because of class size rooms being 24 students.Parents before enrolling your kids at this school you should think about it before you send them there.

This is a wonderful school with an excellent program and teachers. The small class sizes and genuine care from teachers is priceless. My only warning is that interested parents should get on the waiting list early..it's worth the wait!!

Expeditionary Learning, Wonderful parents and students, Wonderful faculty!

City View Charter presents an opportunity for students to learn through a combination of classroom based lessons and pre-planned expeditions throughout Oregon and Washington. The unifying values of the school promote citizenship and team work while allowing students to express their individual preferences and values. Since the school is not fully funded by the scool district, the teachers, parents and students all work together to raise money and manage resources. Such an amazing opportunity for kinder through 8th.

City View provides a better learning experience for advanced learners. My son's ask questions, find answers, and make the learning targets work for them! They are self motivated, excited learners who understand WHY the work must be done. They aren't overwhelmed by meaningless homework, so every assignment that comes home is important. At City View they treat every child like a TAG student, and it helps my kids excel!

The idea that all kids can learn best not in a box(classroom) but outside in the real enviroment is the key to its beliefs and with all the fieldwork City View puts that philosophy to practice.

Last modified City View Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.