Quatama Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2014
My kids went here. Overall it was a good experience. The campus itself is top notch....very modern. I felt the curriculum was challenging for the students. They offer plenty of after school programs as well. My only complaint would be classroom size but I think that is more of a district or statewide problem if anything. Overall I'd recommend Quatama. Oh I also forgot to mention the school has lots of school pride.

Posted October 21, 2013
My daughter has attended Quatama for 4 years now and loves going to school every day. All of the teachers and older students know her name and say hi using her name in passing. The facilities are really top notch and her teachers so far have been facilitators to her success as well as providing customized challenges as she regularly finishes class tests early and easily. The school lunch payment system is handled externally, but it takes around 4 minutes to reload cash once every other month. I volunteered in her class last year and found some students excelling while others really trying but not quite understanding. The wonderful thing was to see the improvement as the year progressed. I've read the reviews below and what I see when I go into the school are a lot of happy children trying their best to succeed and learn. Their special needs program gets those children out and about the school as well, attended by a teacher so every child learns to be accepting of all kinds of people. Some of the kids here come from poor families and some come from wealthy, but when you head out to the playground and see the happiness, it's really heartwarming. I receive emails every day from them

Quatama Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2012
I am looking into buying a home in the neighborhood near this school. I just confirmed that this is in fact the school my children would attend. I am wondering if anyone can please contact me so I can ask some questions regarding this school. Id like to know more specifics regarding the culture of the school, if the children their are pleasant for the most part, and what are the top three great things about the school and the worst thing about the school. Thank you so much in advance!

Quatama Elementary School 3

Posted October 01, 2012
My son has attended Quatama for about a year now. We have found the experience there to be okay. So far his teachers have been engaged and interested in his progress, and he is learning at an appropriate pace, we think. I wouldn't call Quatama outstanding, but we have been satisfied with the quality of teaching and with the staff and facilities. It is true that the office staff can be rather reserved, but they have always been helpful when presented with a direct query, and they seem caring of the students. I keep seeing reviews that everyone in the neighborhood is fleeing the school, but we live very nearby and most of the children here do attend Quatama, and most of the parents I talk to seem satisfied with the school as well. On the downside, the school is not good about communicating with parents--if is really up to each teacher to dispense school/district information. We have found out about some events after the fact. The website is pretty useless! (No information about paying for hot lunch--something I would expect to find on the school's website.) Class sizes are large--30 students in my son's kindergarten class by the end of the year--and no aids.

Posted March 12, 2012
Yes it's true the office staff is cold as ice but remember work atmosphere is a trickle down effect if youve had contact with the principal you would understand why most of the teachers & staff are dispassionate drones relishing the end of the day even more than the students...our pm kinder experience was extremely negative but enlighting as we came to understand why tenured teachers should really be evaluated....as others have said its shame so many good families leave the area..we went running to a adjacent school system ..so far its been a night & day experiance.. I feel guilty our child didnt enjoy kindergarten it only happens once after all...the tell tale is whether your school offers full day kinder ..the good usually do...sorry to be so negative but its all true & actually worse than what I have written

Posted March 02, 2012
My kids have attended this school since it opened in 2008. Both my wife and I are busy working parents, so as much as we'd like to volunteer we try, but it's nice because there is already a very strong parent group... that is active called the "Coyote Community Club". Bottom line... my kids love going to school. : ) So far the teachers they have each had are very approachable, and sincere. I was amazed at how early and well my kids started reading... and I give 90% of the credit to the teachers and reading programs they have. Quatama was named a Community School by the Washington County because they both work with and are supported well by the community. There is a community garden next door to the school... and they've earned what I think is called a "Green School" status. At least a couple staff members have earned "crystal apple awards"... but many more there deserve it. From the front office staff, the principal, and even the custodians... are all very nice and smile everytime you walk around that place. I appreciate all they do... I couldn't have picked a better school for my kids.

Posted February 22, 2012
This is my child's first year at Quatama, and will be the last. We live on a border between two schools and I am kicking myself for not having chosen the other school, because this year has been a very negative experience for my child and for myself. There are a few staff members that are shining stars and do really care about students, but they are few and far between, and unfortunately aren't often involved in my child's day to day experiences. I did a real disservice to my child for not doing my research before enrolling them here. I will not make the same mistake twice.

Posted November 01, 2011
We felt the tension flowing in the office; we proceeded with caution knowing that the office staff could just be having a "off" day. We enrolled our child with high hopes and its is only fair for me to say she attended one full day. We WITHDREW our child the next day.....My child's first day of school... (I) as her parent went into the office to sign in etc,etc, Not a welcoming moment nor was information provided on where my child should go. The Teacher greeted my child with a quick "Hi" and stated that the kids were excited to have a new student. I exited out of sight just to watch this new school in action. I really enjoyed watching the excitement of Mr Cilberto students as he greeted his class at his door. My child had no formal introduction to the new class. The class was told we have a new student and welcome yourself I know that its not a bad thing. My issue is that you should give every new kid common respect and a minute or two to learn something about each other. This could help the class and a new kid transition. Our child was warned by another student that she had dibs on this boy,she was also told they thought she lived or came from a box (meaning homeless).

Quatama Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2011
We have heard a lot of negative things about Quatama over the last three years and have watched a lot of great families leave the area because of the school. After sending one of our children there, we understood why so many who could afford to were moving or leaving to go to a private school. We would recommend visitng the school first and asking around before deciding to move into the Quatama School District.

Posted June 14, 2011
My Daughter join to 3rd grade at school in the middle of the year after we moved here. all the staff in school was more then grate, help all the time, walk with the kids and show care all the time. the teacher was amazing, have time to explain everything, she was wonderful, I wish to everyone teacher like that. total it is awesome school I recommend it with all my heart

Quatama Elementary School
6905 NE Campus Way, Hillsboro, OR  97124
Last modified Quatama Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quatama Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top