Hillsboro, OR

Posted October 24, 2013
We were so worry about new place for my son who is ten. But the kind staffs and teachers help us to adjust him after immigrating from so different country to the US.

West Union Elementary School 1

Posted October 23, 2013
this school has the secretary with the worst customer service ever! If you show up to pick up your child she doesn't look up from her computer and won't give you the time of day. They get a new principal often and head lice runs the school. My child came home and told me her milk was lumpy! One year that is all we gave it. Entered as a hopeful family left very disappointed. My sons had a wonderful experience at his old school and was often coming home with awards or I would get an email praising him being a caring child. This teacher had a 2/3 class she didn't know he was a 3rd grader until a month in when he asked why he was repeating 2nd grade. She also had the kids pull petals off their friends goof behavior flowers as a quiet way to let them know they were bothering them. Often when my son would show up to school his petals would already be torn off. When he told her he didn't like the petals and that the other kids at the table were doing this she told him to sit down and deal with it. Ugh! Trying to take the high road I offered to volunteer in the class and was told I wasn't needed. What a horrible year! FYI The booster club didn't seem to like outsiders.

Posted January 01, 2013
This is a great school with terrific environment that encourages safe, responsible and respectful behavior. The children are lead by a stable staff of dedicated professionals.

Posted April 11, 2011
West Union is a great school that has a safe envirmonment. The principal knows the kids names and cares about the kids. The teachers will work with you if needed.

West Union Elementary School 3

Posted September 18, 2010
If your primary concern is to place your child in a safe nurturing environment then WUE is an excellent school. There is strong emphasis in teaching good behavior and fantastic community support. The school has an excellent music room, library & PE experience. If you're looking for an academic challenge I'd recommend looking around. The TAG coordinator believes advanced/gifted students should receive a standard curriculum. "We find that if advanced students are given a standard curriculum that the rest of the students catch up in a few years." As a parent of a kid who performs 3-4 grade levels above age in reading and math this is maddening. Of course if your plan is to not teach my kid for three years then, yes, everyone will catch up.

West Union Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
Children there are taught not only academics but also respect for themselves, for their peers and teachers and for learning.

Posted December 18, 2008
My child has attended this school for 5 years, and the nurturing, creative environment along with exceptional, caring teachers have made this a wonderful fit for our family. With the opening of another district school last year, the enrollment has adjusted downward to its previous lower numbers. Teacher/student ratios are still as high as other district schools, but the school community makes the most of its resources. There are many teachers at West Union who have been at the school for 10+ years.

Posted December 05, 2008

Posted May 27, 2008

West Union Elementary School 0

Posted October 31, 2007
I was nervous sending my daughter to a public school. Prior to this year, she had attended private non-parocial school. West Union's teacher was master's prepared. I scheduled a private meeting with her, and she was great! The school has been wonderful. My only concern is the large number of students per teacher ratio. So far, that hasn't presented a problem

West Union Elementary School
23870 NW West Union Rd, Hillsboro, OR  97124
Last modified West Union Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Union Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top