Posted April 30, 2013
Kids have had a very positive experience. New to the area. Parents helpful. Staff helpful, parents helpful. Learning through play has got my kids to feel at home and learn.

Posted March 31, 2013
school welcomes all. Great learning environment. Great staff. Kids have enjoyed being there. I've enjoyed being involved in the school

Posted January 25, 2013
I really like the new principal, I trust him as he appears to have good plan for the school. My children have enjoyed the school so far, and their teachers. They have a lot of good programs going, the band, large chess club, robot teams, parent boosters and a very successful watchdog program where Dads help at the school. I several children in the school and has a positive impact on them.

Posted July 31, 2011
The school did not help my child when he was having issues with reading. I had to fight to get my child into reading programs and had to coach the principal on communication skills and follow through on several occasions. The school kept telling me my child had ADD. He was miserable and I decided to take him to counseling sessions(private) as I didn t believe he was ADD come to find out his teacher was causing the anxiety that the school was diagnosing as ADD. We have been at a new school for 3 years now and my child is doing wonderful! Please note; not all the teachers are bad we had two very good teachers in kinder/1st.

Posted April 20, 2011
the teacher and staff do NOTHING to help kids I would love to change school but I can't , poor administration sad teacher they do nothing to help.......

Posted September 08, 2010
I have a child entering this school as a kinder this year. We had all our paper work turned in early, went to every meeting, and testing, did everything that was asked of us and told we would have afternoon session. Letters were sent to us etc. Come the first day they still don't know FOR SURE which class my child will be in. It may be a whole day or half a day. Was placed in the morning session, which I was told almost 100% would not happen. It is a total mess. I held up my end as a parent trying to prepare my child, but this school doesn't have a clue and makes promises they do not intend to keep. What kind of message does this send to the children. I wish so bad my child could go to a different school.

Posted June 11, 2010
my children have gone to this school for several years and i just love all of the staff

Posted March 17, 2009
fantastic teachers! great principle.....

Brookwood Elementary School 0

Posted January 26, 2009
Brookwood is a very welcoming neighborhood school where the teachers go out of their way to help students succeed. They have great learning experiences like their science garden where students get to plant seeds and watch them grow. This is a great place for kids.

Posted December 16, 2008
This is my son's second year at this school and I would give just about anything to be able to have him in another school. He has been picked on and the staff does nothing about it. The environment is very negative and and the use of medication has been implied several times even though my son has never been diagnosed with ADHD and his intelligence is above normal with high scores in reading and math. I have tried to contact the principle about matters that violate my son's privacy as well as asking about changing teachers and she has never felt the need to even respond. I have tried to remain positive, volunteered in the classroom, etc. however I am left feeling like my taxes are going to pay for over populated classrooms where the teacher can't keep up and therefor recommend the kids be medicated.

Brookwood Elementary School
3960 SE Cedar St, Hillsboro, OR  97123
Last modified Brookwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookwood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top