Ladd Acres Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is extremely biased. If you are one of the "Favored" families, then you will probably love it here, if not good luck. The staff and teachers only respond to those families that they have created personal relationships with. If you are new or they just don't like you, their professionalism is abhorrent. This school focuses on being Spanish speaker friendly. This is taken overboard and begins to alienate English only families. The biggest problem however is the appearance of following Common Core Standards. The teachers will tell you that they plan on teaching all of the subjects in "a holistic manner". This just is the teachers' excuse to avoid teaching subjects that they don't like, such as math and science. Also their new Principal seems to be unavailable and uninformed. If you try to contact her she is always "busy". As far as student activities, she never spends the effort to learn what they are doing, just reads off a note card for the first time when introducing.

Ladd Acres Elementary School 4

Posted February 12, 2014
This school loves its parent volunteers. There are so many volunteer opportunities from parking lot safety, cafeteria, assisting teachers (reading with kids, photocopying, art projects, sharpening pencils) end-of-the-year-carnival, library help, book fair, etc. The front-desk reception staff are friendly, and the teachers we have had have been truly awesome! The teachers really care about the kids and work hard to make learning fun. The PE teacher is amazing and comes up with fun activities every day, so that ALL kids, from 1st to 6th, come out of his class smiling & sweating. However, the school is VERY old and needs updating. The furnace sometimes breaks. The water runs rusty brown. There are "pods" that kids have to walk between to get to music, PE & lunch, so kids have to go outside to get between buildings. The play equipment is very old and outdated. There are no trash receptacles anywhere outside, so often the parking lot or playground has garbage and candy wrappers laying around. The landscaping is horrible with weeds and looks terrible. For these reasons I can only give 3 stars. The staff is 5 stars, so to be fair I gave it a 4 star rating. My kids love it!

Posted January 19, 2014
Ladd Acres is the best school if you want to play an active part in your child's education. I currently have a 1st grader and we have had awesome teachers for both kinder and currently. This school encourages parent volunteers and will accept your help in any way they can get it. Over the past year and a half I have contributed a few hundred volunteer hours and the large majority of that was with my preschool daughter in tow. The teachers will even let her sit and be a student if she is not distractive to the other kids. I have even seen parents volunteer with preschool twins and even infants coming along. I also know of parents that put in volunteer hours at home. The PE teacher is awesome at coming up with ways to get the kids active. Last year he got a wii for the gym and the kids all play "just dance." They love it! We also have a great music teacher, my son has even taught me some music symbols that I had forgotten. We got a new principle this year and she is working hard to help improve our school report card. She encourages parents to come to her and work with her to make improvements. I am looking forward to having both my kids attend next fall.

Posted December 10, 2011
I was very hesitant about this school, because I have a child with special needs, and I didn't know how he would do in a public school. We have been very fortunate to have had such exceptional teachers for both my children (currently a 1st and 2nd grader). I strongly believe the teachers, administrative staff, and PTA is what makes the school so special. Despite the need of major renovations, Ladd Acres is amazing!! So far the kindergarten teachers and 1st and 2nd grade teachers are exceptional. My son's 2nd grade teacher deserves so much praise and appreciation for her dedication to teaching and her willingness to help each of her students reach their fullest potential...whether they're under or over achievers. I have a child with special needs and all his previous and present teachers have been such a blessing to our family in supporting us in keeping our children challenged and thriving. We love and appreicate the activities/events the PTA sponsors which helps bring the families/community together. The speech pathologist is amazing! We feel so privileged to have 2 of our children attend this school, and we look forward for our upcoming kinder attending next Fall.

Posted March 10, 2011
We have 3 kids at Ladd and all have had exceptional experiences. Great teachers, great administration that truly cares about the kids and parents. Lots of parent volunteers. The music teacher is the best I've ever seen. Every grade has a performance during the year. Band starts in 6th grade, and she has special choirs throughout the year for the older kids. We love it! - 2010-2011

Posted May 31, 2010
I have 3 kids in this school. I love everything about it. Great principle and teachers. Children leave the class to go to different levels for math and reading and are at the same levels as the other children in their groups. Great community of parents and volunteers too!

Ladd Acres Elementary School 3

Posted March 15, 2008

Posted February 23, 2007
My son attended k and 1st grade at Ladd. Awesome parent & community support. We have had very creative teachers who interspersed academics with fun like 'bubble day' or making large paper dragon to celebrate Chinese New Year. My son has learned a lot while enjoying school!

Ladd Acres Elementary School 4

Posted May 14, 2006
I am very impressed with Ladd Acres with my daughter's progress she has made in kindergarten. Her curriculum is rounded and diverse and touches on music, reading, math, safety, geography etc. Her teacher is loving, soft spoken, and great with the kids. When I visits Ladd Acres, it is a positive and friendly experience.

Ladd Acres Elementary School
2425 SW Cornelius Pass Rd, Hillsboro, OR  97123
Last modified Ladd Acres Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ladd Acres Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top