Minter Bridge Elementary School 3

Posted November 22, 2014
This a soso school in my opinion. The dual-language is good, the writing skill is good, but they have a huge problem with teaching math and science. Students have a big hole in their math knowledge. It's not uncommon that a 6th grade students there can't even do a 2nd grade level math. Crazy!

Minter Bridge Elementary School 5

Posted June 12, 2014
This school is great! The PTA does a Daddy/Daughter dance every year. If my daughter needs extra time or help with an assessment her teacher makes sure she gets it.

Minter Bridge Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2012
Kids do not get the attention needed here. There is very poor communication with parents about their child's progress or any issues they may be having in school. The passion we as parents would like to see in teachers is nearly absent in the staff at this school. What we as parents, I believe, want in a school is an environment that encourages our children to learn and catches those that are not learning so that they can be given the skills needed for success. Unfortunately, Minter Bridge is not fostering a rich learning environment for all kids and allowing many kids to pass through the grades without learning basic concepts and skills needed for success in future grades. As for the PTA, they seem to be selective in their communication with non-PTA parents. Favoritism also seems prevalent among PTA members in the classroom volunteer opportunities.

Minter Bridge Elementary School 5

Posted June 30, 2009
Both of my children go to this school, and it's a fantastic school. The teachers readily help their students and have no problem with you asking questions. This school is excellent!

Posted March 18, 2009
I have two children at this school. The teachers my children have had at this school (so far three) have demonstrated a real desire to teach and to enable my kids to grow. I was worried about having my kids in a public school, but have found the environment of this school to be similar to the private school my kids had attended.

Posted May 01, 2007
Both of my kids go to Minter Bridge. The teachers there are extremely capable as well as very personable to parents. The support staff is top notch and always answer any of my questions regarding my children's wellbeing.

Posted December 15, 2006
The school does a wonderful job with all students and I believe the staff truly cares about every student. I also believe that parents are able to be involved with their child's education as they want to be and seek out to do so. I have no problems in asking necessary questions about my child's education, have been encouraged to do so. In addition, the quality of education according to the schools test scores has improved in most areas over the last few years.

Minter Bridge Elementary School 2

Posted March 16, 2004
Prior to the beginning of the 2003-2004 school year there seemed to be more of a demand in parental invovement. However as the year progressed we seemed to find that we were no longer welcome to be involved in our childs education in this school. We are very concerned about the level of education that our child receives at this particular school. We have checked the school report card, and the standards are continually falling. From 2000-2003 there was a 23% decline in reading skills and 27% decline in math.

Minter Bridge Elementary School
1750 SE Jacquelin Dr, Hillsboro, OR  97123
Last modified Minter Bridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minter Bridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top