Bad
Good

I am a former student and I honestly did not enjoy this school. Yes, it's great to learn about the environment and recycling, but they put too much of an emphasis on that rather than actual academics. I was one of those students who needed more challenging work, and most of the time they gave it to me. The thing is they never helped me out, they just expected me to do it on my own. So basically I taught myself. My younger brother also went to this school, but had a really difficult time because he needed hands on work, and they just made him sit there, except for when they were doing environmental activities, not for the academics. I understand how kids need to be disciplined, but the teachers just put him in a special group and told my parents he had A.D.D... which he didn't. Also, when the students in my grade that went here got to middle school, we knew half of information the other kids knew. I was taught long division once, in third grade. Instead you know what we did? Learned about birds. Yeah. This school was alright, but I would warn you.. if you want a child to actually learn academics, don't send them here.

This school is one of the better Salem schools, That said, as a lifelong resident of Salem and as a product of public schools, Salem schools poorly prepare students for life. Political correctness runs amok in this district at the expense of curriculum. The math program is terrible. The English is terrible. I opted out and send my kids to private school , my kids are far ahead of where I was in school. I did not know the difference when In attended school, I do now and am appalled at what my tax dollars pay for. Forrest Ridge has a great principal and draws from a good demographic. If my kids had to go public, this would probably be my choice.

This is the best school, parent envolment is great, Great buisness partners with near by church. Wonerful place!

This is by far the best school that I have had an opportunity to work in, public and private, around the state, and within several countries. ...A Salem-Keizer gem!

I'm a former student, and I think it's truly amazing how dedicated they are to helping the environment. I love and support Forest Ridge all the way.

I have pulled my children out of this school and put them in a private one. I feel like more emphasis is put on teaching the children to recycle than there is to excel in academics. There are few extracirricular activities available. Parent involvement is high which is a plus.Overall this was not a fit for my family and I would not recommend it to others who are looking for a more well rounded education.

Last modified Forest Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.