Posted August 22, 2013
I am a former student and I honestly did not enjoy this school. Yes, it's great to learn about the environment and recycling, but they put too much of an emphasis on that rather than actual academics. I was one of those students who needed more challenging work, and most of the time they gave it to me. The thing is they never helped me out, they just expected me to do it on my own. So basically I taught myself. My younger brother also went to this school, but had a really difficult time because he needed hands on work, and they just made him sit there, except for when they were doing environmental activities, not for the academics. I understand how kids need to be disciplined, but the teachers just put him in a special group and told my parents he had A.D.D... which he didn't. Also, when the students in my grade that went here got to middle school, we knew half of information the other kids knew. I was taught long division once, in third grade. Instead you know what we did? Learned about birds. Yeah. This school was alright, but I would warn you.. if you want a child to actually learn academics, don't send them here.

Posted August 12, 2012
This school is one of the better Salem schools, That said, as a lifelong resident of Salem and as a product of public schools, Salem schools poorly prepare students for life. Political correctness runs amok in this district at the expense of curriculum. The math program is terrible. The English is terrible. I opted out and send my kids to private school , my kids are far ahead of where I was in school. I did not know the difference when In attended school, I do now and am appalled at what my tax dollars pay for. Forrest Ridge has a great principal and draws from a good demographic. If my kids had to go public, this would probably be my choice.

Posted October 08, 2008
This is the best school, parent envolment is great, Great buisness partners with near by church. Wonerful place!

Posted February 28, 2008
This is by far the best school that I have had an opportunity to work in, public and private, around the state, and within several countries. ...A Salem-Keizer gem!

Posted September 24, 2007
I'm a former student, and I think it's truly amazing how dedicated they are to helping the environment. I love and support Forest Ridge all the way.

Posted December 01, 2006
I have pulled my children out of this school and put them in a private one. I feel like more emphasis is put on teaching the children to recycle than there is to excel in academics. There are few extracirricular activities available. Parent involvement is high which is a plus.Overall this was not a fit for my family and I would not recommend it to others who are looking for a more well rounded education.

Forest Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted November 28, 2004
This school is wonderful for my children they come home every day telling me how much and what they learned! I really think its amazing how much this school teaches, I do hope they keep this going.

Posted April 06, 2004
Awesome school! Great Teachers and Principal! This is literally the best school not only in our district but I believe the state. Great programs and opportunities for students to excell.

Posted September 09, 2003
This school is a great school...I like all the staff. The principal is just one of a kind. He goes out of his way to help all the kids.

Forest Ridge Elementary School
7905 June Reid Placene, Keizer, OR  97303
Last modified Forest Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Ridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top