PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes, this school has an eye on equity. They are openly diverse and enjoy the unique qualities in each small classroom.

I love working here. It is one of the most warm, loving, nurturing, and openly diverse schools I have had the pleasure to work for. The staff have accepted me with arms outstretched and made my transition from California seamless. I adore working with my co-workers and all the children at CHA. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.

I can't say enough great things about The Children's Hour Academy. My 2 year old daughter has gone there since she was 3 months old, and the teachers and staff, and love that she is given is incomparable. Regardless of staff turnover (which is typical in any childcare environment), the director always maintains a stability and environment for the children that is filled with love, and care, and any changes are handled in a way that are seemingly unnoticeable to the children. I am so happy with my choice to send my daughter to the Children's Hour, and I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a great place for their children to grow and thrive!

I have had two children who have attended The Children's Hour Academy from six weeks old to elementary school. The staff is incredible. They treat the children as they are their own. From management to the aides and helpers they are professional and caring. The program focuses on strong academics with tons of extras. They have a computer lab, library, and foreign language options. I have seen my children blossom under their care. I couldn't have asked for a better fit for our family well done CHA staff!!

I have mixed feelings about the Children's Hour Academy. I have a daughter who just moved up into the Middle Toddler program. Two things that bother me about this school is, the teacher turnover, and how upper management treats their teachers. There has been times where I came to pick up my child and the director was harassing and thoroughly embarrassing a teacher. I have never witnessed something more unprofessional in all my life! The teachers seem to walk on egg shells while at school, and seem to have little discretion about how things should be run in their classroom. I have witnessed teachers get treated like garbage, while parents and children are present. It is really unfortunate because the teachers at the school are superb! I have very mixed feelings about this school, and if was not for the teachers, whom my child adores, I would probably not send her to this school. Something to consider if you are interested in attending.

I have three children who have "grown up" at The Children's Hour, starting in the infant program and going through elementary school. After having mixed experiences with some of the other local "daycare's"... we felt so lucky and blessed when we found the Children Hours Academy for our daughter. As our other two children came along, there was no question in our mind where they would go to school to start their development and growth into wonderful little children. The staff and teachers are so caring, kind, and loving. I couldn't think of a better place in the world to send my children.

My son has been going to this school for 2 years (he is now 5 years old). The staff is terrific. The curriculum is challenging, yet fun for him. They provide interesting guest visitors (like reptile man in the summer). I highly recommend this school and can't say enough!

I'd highly recommend Children's Hour to other parents! I have 2 children attending Children's Hour -- one at the infant/toddler center and the second one at the Preschool center. I love the constant communication from the teachers, I get a daily update via email about what the class learned/did for the day. Teachers are caring and have degrees in early childhood education. The facility is clean and spacious; i like the balance between play and structured learning. They have Music together program once a week, Spanish and German for the 3 yo and up; a nice gym, an art room and library in the prechool campus; covered play area in the infant/'toddler campus. The teachers also perform extensive testing to help in identifying any potential developmental issues with your child. The school directors have also been extremely responsive to any questions/concerns that I have. I've been very happy with CHA and my children love CHA as well!

Wonderful school; superb, loving and caring staff. I can't say enough good things about Children's Hour. My son has spent the last two years at this school and has grown tremendously in so many positive ways. There is so much love amongst the children, it is something I have not seen anywhere else. The teachers genuinely seem to care about the children unconditionally and it is truly reflected in the way the children respond to one another. My son had attended several preschools prior to Children's Hour and was asked to leave because of unruly/disruptive behavior. When I discussed this with the Director of Children's Hour she told me "we don't throw away children here." Thank goodness for that. Because my son was completely accepted, I believe he was able to blossom into the caring, loving and thoughtful little boy that he is today. I am truly grateful to the school and to my son's teachers.

We are long-time Children's Hour Academy (CHA) fans! Both of our kids have been part of the CHA program since they were 12 weeks old. Our daughter is 5 years old and is in one of the preparatory kindergarten classes at the Meridian Campus this year. Our son is 18 months old and is in one of the toddler classrooms at the Gean Road Campus. Over the past 5 years, we have loved the quality of the teachers, the small class sizes, lots of individual attention, the excellent academic curriculum, the Music Together program, the Spanish and German language instruction, and the wonderful families, teachers and staff in the CHA community. We highly recommend this school to prospective families!

Last modified The Children's Hour Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-6