Lake Oswego, OR

Posted October 12, 2010
I did some volunteer work there and the teachers and students are tops. It is a very friendly and happy place.

Forest Hills Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
Wonderful teachers. Best administrative staff. Friendly & positive support staff, learning specialists, and assistants. Teacher parent involvement is top notch. Community involvement is highly rated. Children thrive and learn with such enthusiasm that they are able to take some of that with them as they move on to higher grades.

Posted February 08, 2009
Phenomenal school with a mindset for academic success for all students. A very involved community and parent involvement make this the true gem of the school district. All the schools in LO are fantastic, and this is the darling of the entire district.

Posted January 24, 2008
Due to phenomenal fundraising, Forest Hills class size average is very low. My daughter has a second-grade class with 21 students. Parent involvement is also very high, with a proactive PTO. So far I am very happy with my child's elementary school experience.

Posted October 18, 2007
Excellent school! I have 4 children and over the years I have had my share of experiences with schools. Forest Hills Elementary is one of the best, if not the best Lake Oswego has to offer overall.

Posted June 03, 2006
Warm, caring environment. Class sizes creeping up to undesirable levels. High level of parental involvement. Too little science and social studies in the primary program.

Posted January 17, 2006
My children really enjoy Forest Hills. The school has a strong reading and math program. The music teacher is just the best! The level of parent support is amazing.

Posted September 04, 2005
Quality academics although class sizes are creeping up (29 at the start of 2005 in each of my kids classes --4th grade and 5/6 blend) Music and PE offered twice weekly. PTO led art program. Optional band and strings instruction in upper grades. Parent involvement is high, but mirrors the affluence of the town (I-Pod donated a prize incentive for fundraise; pressure for each family to donate $1,000 to school foundation aimed at reducing student-teacher ratio.)New principal in 2005.

Posted February 01, 2005
We recently moved from the area and I miss Forest Hills! The teachers my children had were wonderful and they learned so much there. We loved the willingness of teachers to allow the parents ot help in the classroom and there were plenty of other volunteer opportunities.

Posted September 14, 2004
Great school. I can't imagine how anyone could find fault with the committed staff, great location and caring adults that run the school. Parental involvment is excellent and they really try to give what they can to the kids in a state that ranks dead last in school funding. If you or your child has trouble at this school, seek professional help. I have 2 boys. One that has gone through F.H. and one that is still enrolled.

Forest Hills Elementary School
1133 SW Andrews Rd, Lake Oswego, OR  97034
Last modified Forest Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top