Posted August 02, 2013
Currently a High School student, one year from graduation. I have had both joyous and nostalgic feelings about Lake Grove Elementary from the days of being a student. But one thing I can say honestly is that the school staff is absolutely kind, caring, and amazing. The two aspects I'll never forget about going to this school is the colorful, diverse, and eccentric group of teachers who've always connected with me, and the rudimentary teachings I obtained from the school that have supported me through most of my life.

Posted December 27, 2012
To the post bellow, it sounds like your daughetr has the same teacher my son had in 3rd grade a number of years ago . He NO longer attends that school. I would love to be able to post her name. She should not be teaching. Be your daughters advocate, don't let teachers damage her self- esteem or self-confidence. Don't put up with them and have your daughter suffer the consequences . My son is a 4.0 student and much happier at another school district where teachers are warm and truly care about him . It is amazing the change he had just by pulling him out of that awful school district. He is extremely self confident and most of all he has a natural love for learning . LO schools are not what people post here! Be aware parents that academically it is a huge disappointment for those kids who are smarter than the average and need to be challenged. Great for those who are average students. They will succeed here in mediocrity.

Lake Grove Elementary School 2

Posted December 22, 2012
I have two children attending Lake Grove. One of them is a third grader and I have been struggling for the last couple of months understanding the teaching style of the teacher. Tottaly unfair, ignoring the good things about a student and pointing out frequently at what she thinks is wrong, with questionable disciplining techniques. She is very abrasive in her teaching style and I do not get at all the "caring" about your child side. I want my children to do well academically but at the same time I want my children to develop into happy,confident adults. She might be teaching reading and science right but she is far away from being a supportive,nurturing teacher.

Posted July 16, 2012
We have been extremely happy with our choice to send our children to Lake Grove. We have two children in the school with two very different learning styles and they are both thriving. Our son had a few issues with transferring into the more challenging 3rd grade last year and the teacher was amazing and worked with him closely to get him up to speed. She gave him the extra attention and gave us the information needed to bring his grades up as well as foster his love of learning. To me, that is the most important part of elementary school. My daughter is a fast learner and the school has challenged her. I love the blend system for 1-2 and 3-4. My daughter will be able to move up a grade level for the subjects she is ready for next year. We are very down to earth people and were worried about the social aspects of living in a mostly affluent community and we've been pleasantly surprised. These are normal kids with awesome parents. The community is not snobby, but instead is warm and caring to everyone at the school. I volunteer often and never feel out of place.

Posted June 17, 2012
We moved to Lake Oswego for the schools, and we have been very happy at Lake Grove. The teachers have done a great job of challenging the kids, while keeping them engaged in the material. There is great parent involvement and a sense of community here. Lake Oswego is also starting a spanish immersion program (K-5) that will be located at Lake Grove and available by lottery to all local families.

Posted July 20, 2010
This school gives children a great challenge, as well as helpful teachers and a great math program... even super smart kids are chalanged

Posted April 27, 2010
This school is great. Parent involvement is what makes a school great. Over 90% involvement with the PTA, teachers that care, and good kids. Not much diversity, but it is Lake Oswego- what did you expect? Great school. As far as bullies are concerned- are there any schools that can truly regulate this well? If so, let us know.

Posted October 15, 2009

Posted August 07, 2009
This school does not have the high academic expectations that one would expect from L.O. Discipline and academic curriculum leave much to be desired. The reading program is a joke. Parents volunteering at the school does not mean it is a good academic school. Way over rated by all these posts !

Posted July 06, 2009
Lake Grove is the kind of school where you feel a part of things the minute you step in the door. They have a huge presence in our community, and it is a place that exudes warmth, collaboration, and a commitment to children.

Lake Grove Elementary School
15777 SW Boones Ferry Rd, Lake Oswego, OR  97035
Last modified Lake Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top