Bad
Good

We are new to the school this year. I was concerned at first because of all the changes that took place this year, but the teachers and administration have done an excellent job. Our third grader is very happy at River Grove and we look forward to having our son start Kindergarten there in the fall.

We moved to this neighborhood specifically so that our children could attend Rivergrove and have not been disappointed in the least. In fact, the teachers and administration have continually exceeded our expectations. The parent involvement and sense of community is more than we could have asked for!

As a new Kindergarten parent and a new Oregon resident, we were thrilled with River Grove Elementary! We moved to Lake Oswego specifically for the school the district (we were previously in a neighboring city). Our son was in a class size of 21 and his teacher was phenomenal! We found the teachers, staff and fellow parents welcoming, encouraging and helpful! We are thrilled with our decision to move to this area and strongly encourage others to do the same!

My older son attended River Grove for the last five years, and it is just the best school in the world and I am so sad for him to leave it and move on to Junior High, but we look forward to returning and visiting to say 'hi!'. The staff is warm, welcoming, caring and supportive beyond any parents' highest hopes and our lives have truly been touched by so many of them. My younger son participated in a different program and went to several other Lake Oswego Schools (including RG) and while the education and expectations are excellent at each and every one, none can hold a candle to River Grove, the spirit of the school and the atmosphere are exceptional beyond compare. Thank you to the staff, student body and fellow parents for making these last five years count so much :)

Last year was a terrible experience. My daughter's teacher had severe boundary issues and was well below the line of professional. Additionally, I found out that my first grader was not going to one of her classes only after she had not attended for approximately two weeks. When I asked the staff, office, etc., what this was based on, they said that my daughter told them that I said she didn't have to go! Instead, she had been going to the office each day at that time to hang out and read books. Are you kidding me? No phone call, no note. They just took her word for it. Fortunately, I had been in one day to check on her progress or I would have never known!

We moved from overseas and we were so glad that our children were able to start at this school. The school have been so helpful,accomodating,kind and nurturing to our family. Academic expectations are high but children are supported in achieving them. Our children just love going to school and have made a smooth transition. The principal is very visible and accessable,the teachers fantastic and the school community friendly. Lastly the office ladies are exceptional,they really promote a warm welcome and feeling to this school. Thank you so much.

I am so thankful that we are in this school's district. They are the only school in the Lake Oswego district that has the Title 1A (reading tutoring) program. My daughter has benefited so much from being here. They are a smaller school, and they really care!

My son attended the school from 1st to 6th grades and my daughter is still there. River Grove is an exceptional school with exceptional teachers and staff. Time and again I saw them go far beyond our expectations to help see kids succeed. For instance, I once called the secretary before school to see if anyone was available to clarify some homework my son was confused about. This was a special day and most teachers were all on a common meeting and therefore not available to assist. The school secretary literally dropped what she was doing to go and find my son and locate some assistance for him! His teachers consistently found new and challenging assignments for him that resulted in his love for the school

River Grove ha great teachers, principal and staff. A wonderful small school!

River Grove is an excellent school that has excellent teachers and a caring staff. The PTA is dedicated and the overall parent involvment is amazing. This school has won the robotics competition and is one of the top elementary schools in the district for math and reading. My two kids have been there for two years after a relocation and are very happy with the caring, respectful atmosphere. This is a consistent excellence winner and based on the staff and parental involvment should remain there.

Last modified River Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.