Lake Oswego, OR

Posted August 09, 2013
We moved to this neighborhood specifically so that our children could attend Rivergrove and have not been disappointed in the least. In fact, the teachers and administration have continually exceeded our expectations. The parent involvement and sense of community is more than we could have asked for!

Posted August 07, 2013
As a new Kindergarten parent and a new Oregon resident, we were thrilled with River Grove Elementary! We moved to Lake Oswego specifically for the school the district (we were previously in a neighboring city). Our son was in a class size of 21 and his teacher was phenomenal! We found the teachers, staff and fellow parents welcoming, encouraging and helpful! We are thrilled with our decision to move to this area and strongly encourage others to do the same!

Posted September 20, 2011
My older son attended River Grove for the last five years, and it is just the best school in the world and I am so sad for him to leave it and move on to Junior High, but we look forward to returning and visiting to say 'hi!'. The staff is warm, welcoming, caring and supportive beyond any parents' highest hopes and our lives have truly been touched by so many of them. My younger son participated in a different program and went to several other Lake Oswego Schools (including RG) and while the education and expectations are excellent at each and every one, none can hold a candle to River Grove, the spirit of the school and the atmosphere are exceptional beyond compare. Thank you to the staff, student body and fellow parents for making these last five years count so much :)

River Grove Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2011
Last year was a terrible experience. My daughter's teacher had severe boundary issues and was well below the line of professional. Additionally, I found out that my first grader was not going to one of her classes only after she had not attended for approximately two weeks. When I asked the staff, office, etc., what this was based on, they said that my daughter told them that I said she didn't have to go! Instead, she had been going to the office each day at that time to hang out and read books. Are you kidding me? No phone call, no note. They just took her word for it. Fortunately, I had been in one day to check on her progress or I would have never known!

Posted March 15, 2011
We moved from overseas and we were so glad that our children were able to start at this school. The school have been so helpful,accomodating,kind and nurturing to our family. Academic expectations are high but children are supported in achieving them. Our children just love going to school and have made a smooth transition. The principal is very visible and accessable,the teachers fantastic and the school community friendly. Lastly the office ladies are exceptional,they really promote a warm welcome and feeling to this school. Thank you so much.

River Grove Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
I am so thankful that we are in this school's district. They are the only school in the Lake Oswego district that has the Title 1A (reading tutoring) program. My daughter has benefited so much from being here. They are a smaller school, and they really care!

Posted August 30, 2010
My son attended the school from 1st to 6th grades and my daughter is still there. River Grove is an exceptional school with exceptional teachers and staff. Time and again I saw them go far beyond our expectations to help see kids succeed. For instance, I once called the secretary before school to see if anyone was available to clarify some homework my son was confused about. This was a special day and most teachers were all on a common meeting and therefore not available to assist. The school secretary literally dropped what she was doing to go and find my son and locate some assistance for him! His teachers consistently found new and challenging assignments for him that resulted in his love for the school

Posted October 01, 2008
River Grove ha great teachers, principal and staff. A wonderful small school!

Posted September 17, 2008
River Grove is an excellent school that has excellent teachers and a caring staff. The PTA is dedicated and the overall parent involvment is amazing. This school has won the robotics competition and is one of the top elementary schools in the district for math and reading. My two kids have been there for two years after a relocation and are very happy with the caring, respectful atmosphere. This is a consistent excellence winner and based on the staff and parental involvment should remain there.

Posted April 12, 2008

River Grove Elementary School
5850 SW McEwan Rd, Lake Oswego, OR  97035
Last modified River Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Grove Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top