Lake Oswego, OR

Posted April 16, 2015
I'm not at all impressed with this school at all or the Lake Oswego district for that matter. More money does not equal better schools, but good teachers do make a difference. I'm so discouraged by all of the "redoing" kids are allowed to do on their tests, homework, etc. If a child gets anything lower than a C on anything, it's an automatic redo! I can understand 1 time a year, but not every class, every test. I think that there is a large scam going on here. Or is it the same thing where people are "paid" to get these grades revised? I have other children in another district, as well, and I'm much more impressed with what that district does with less money. The non-lake o district has friendship clubs, more family activities, offer more hands-on teachers, etc. Also, this school does student lead conferences where the teachers don't attend! I'm sure it's their time to divvy up the annual bonuses for fudging the grades, excuse me, allowing redoes until the child gets a C or better. Scam! If people want to pay for an education, let them go to private schools and leave the public out of it. This system is a disservice to children.

Posted May 10, 2014
We moved here this year from a nearby district and couldn't be happier. My daughter is more challenged than she has been in the past and is much happier, despite having to move away from her old friends. The class sizes are much smaller than where we were. The school allows everyone to request accelerated work, regardless of whether you are earmarked as "TAG" or not. There is a strong sense of community, with ties to the high school that we didn't see in our old district. I also love that the emphasis isn't limited to academics. The district has kept a strong offering of electives, sports and clubs to develop well-rounded students.

Posted February 15, 2014
I completely agree with last poster "A parent" - we came from district 7 in southern oregon and were completely COMPLETELY disappointed. Everything that poster mentioned is sadly true. I considered homeschooling but decided to go outside LO instead. I'm certain this CANT be the top district in Oregon. Not a chance.

Posted October 30, 2012
Our second rotation with our younger child through LOJ. This go around is worse with the switch to a middle school. There are some fantastic teachers at LOJ but the school itself is gross and outdated and is a very wink link in this school district. It's LO school districts' dirty little secret. There are too many kids crammed into LOJ with the addition of the 6th graders. There are a lot of kids who get lost in the shuffle at LOJ. They talk a big game about helping these kids with the awkward transition if middle school. Wish we could skip LOJ but unfortunately a necessary evil.

Posted December 18, 2011
I am an 8th grader at LOJ; a member of the class of 2016. There is not enough praise to sing as I have loved every single day of jr. high. I had and still have tons of opportunities and the teachers truly wish to help. I am a member of the band, SCRABBLE club, LOJ drama, and Nexus. I had amazing teachers and made the choice to not be negatively influenced by my peers. Students who wish to succeed will succeed.

Lake Oswego Junior High School 3

Posted May 21, 2011
Overrated. Noticed a decline in teacher quality compared to the elementary school (Forest Hills). After talking to some other parents the general consensus seems to be that the middle school is just a 'necessary evil' on the way to the much better quality high school. I guess I'll find out this fall when my oldest is a Freshman at LOHS.

Lake Oswego Junior High School 2

Posted April 09, 2009
I am a parent going through LOJ for the second time. This go around is even worse than the first time. I agree that the best thing about this school is the drama department.

Lake Oswego Junior High School 2

Posted April 06, 2009
I'm an 8th grader at LOJ, and I really don't unstand why anyone really likes this school that much. Principal leadership? non-existent. Teacher quality? I feel like I'm never learning ANYTHING new, and there are very few teachers here that I am hoping to remember. Extracurrular activites are just ok, other than the drama program, which is amazing! LOJ drama is the only thing I'll want to remember about LOJ. I can't wait to move on. I feel LOJ is extremely overrated.

Posted March 02, 2008
My child comes home from school everyday with nothing but positive comments. I am a member of the school board and am very pleased with the school staff and students

Posted March 02, 2008
I was a student at LOJH 4 years ago. It has given me some of the best tools to go on into high school and college. I will always have nothing but the best memories at LOJH. I would recommend it to anyone no matter who you are.

Lake Oswego Junior High School
2500 SW Country Club Rd, Lake Oswego, OR  97034
Last modified Lake Oswego Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Oswego Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top