Bad
Good

Posted September 03, 2014
This school is great academically for all kids. All but one of the teachers I had during my four years there were outstanding and they really cared about their students learning the material and concepts more than they cared about test scores or homework assignments. The vast majority of the teachers reserve time before and after school to give students individual help. The administration is great and well-liked by both students and parents. The campus itself is beautiful and very well maintained with really nice facilities. I was extremely well prepared for college, and the counseling staff is great and will help students one-on-one with choosing colleges and getting information and writing applications. I have heard of a few kids having problems socially at LOHS, and I think this has to do with the fact that the school serves a very affluent community, and kids who do not come from affluent families may feel alienated from their peers. But the academic benefits and resources available at LOHS make it definitely worth it.

Posted December 10, 2013
great school. Great community. My kid has never come home with a single complaint or abnormal worry.

Lake Oswego Senior High School 1

Posted June 21, 2011
This school does not have an appropriate strategy to deal with immigration students. The ESL program it gives out is really unprofessional. The policy of this school is very inflexible. Also, this school restricts the class that my son wants to take a lot, for example, AP Physics, it only allows seniors to take it. My counselor is really horrible and lack of knowledge in applying for universities; her knowledge is only limited in the universities of Oregon state. Also, most science teachers lack enthusiasm in teaching and most students have to do self-study to get a good great. In my own case, I'm a foreign student, and this is my first year in America. I hate their policy for restricting the highest math class I can take, it's only precalculus; however I took calculus BC test and get a 5. They screwed up my schedule because they only allow me to take general classes although I've already learned them all, and I have to make up all my record by self studying. In my own point of view, I think the attitude of this school is too haughty, no matter principles or counselors. I would recommend foreign students that this school is a really bad option.

Posted May 17, 2011
Obviously, you're not going to enjoy every class and you're not going to love every teacher. If you expect that, then you will never be satisfied. It is not necessarily an easy school (though you can take easier classes if you so choose), so you are able to really challenge yourself and get a great education. One thing I've noticed is that, even in subjects I don't like, the teachers really tend to make it interesting and it makes the class a better experience overall. And go AP if you can. I have noticed that, although you work a lot harder, you tend to be with smarter students in more stimulating classes.

Lake Oswego Senior High School 1

Posted February 27, 2011
This school is great for academics. I used to go there but I hated it i went there for three years and my last year i couldn't take it anymore and switched to Lakerigde which is so much better. I'm a average student and i had quite a few friends there. But if you're not a social butterfly or a jock it's hard to find your place in school. And if you struggle academically even a little , teachers are not very helpful. They are good teachers i just dont think they have the time to give you attention. My counselour was horrible anything i would request for she would usually shoot it down. It was a frustrating school and i'm very glad i attend Lakeridge instead of lake oswego. I would not reccomend this school at all.

Posted January 07, 2010
I absolutely love attending LOHS! I'm in some pretty advanced classes, and I have straight A's, which I am monumentally proud of. And it's all because of my teachers. I am so grateful to the teachers I have this tear. Every one of them is such a great person and they are all so helpful! It feels like they actually care for their students, which is more than I can say for the majority of teachers I've had in the past at other schools. Also, the counselors and office staff are great. They aren't those aloof, stuffy administrators you imagine. They're real people who are really nice! In previous schools, I've felt extremely intimidated to go and talk to teachers, counselors, or office staff members (I'm really shy), but at LOHS, everyone seems like they want you to talk to them, share your concerns, whatever. Thanks LOHS!!!!

Posted September 28, 2009
My daughter used to be in Oregon City and was falling through the cracks and now that she is in this school I see a glow in her, the inspiration that no other school could get out of her. She gets straight As and is someone that will make the school look better. All schools are social playgrounds, and there will be drinking, but here at LO its a place where kids can open up to their teachers and parents and have the best support possible to succeed.

Lake Oswego Senior High School 4

Posted March 05, 2009
This is a great school for many kids. Just don't send your child here if he/she has special needs. If your child is healthy and a jock, like my other child, they will do well. Lake Oswego has many gifted teachers and the schools are the best. Just don't bring them kids with problems who will mess up their test scores! Great support from parents and the community.

Posted November 23, 2008
This school has provided an exemplary experience, one I will never forget. The academic, as well as athletic, programs are better than any other school I have ever gone to, and I have gone to many. No other school can compare.

Lake Oswego Senior High School 2

Posted November 17, 2008
high school is really what you make of it no matter where you go. if lo has a rigorous academic curriculum then i would hate to see what an easy curriculum would look like because i have found it is very easy to get an A in every class without doing very much at all. i think i could've gotten just as much out of any other school. the only reason you should choose lake oswego over any other high school is if you are a jock, a social girl, or someone that loves to drink lots of alcohol. that pretty much sums up this school. not much of a real world experience at all....but the teachers are amazing!!! some of the best people i've ever been around.

Lake Oswego Senior High School
2501 SW Country Club Rd, Lake Oswego, OR  97034
Last modified Lake Oswego Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.