Westridge Elementary School 3

Posted January 20, 2013
Only excellent by comparison, Westridge provides excellent services to the average student. For students who need more challenge than the State-Common-Core-Standard-directed curriculum provides, options are non-existent. The Talented and Gifted program provides little to no actual service other than meeting once per week at lunch. An Individualized learning program is created, but this one page form generalizes to such a degree, that no real challenge is required by classroom teachers. The educational policy for truly gifted studetns seems to pivot on the idea of more of the same work, instead of enrichment work and higher learning. Instead of pushing students to reach higher and achieve their true potential, the faculty encourages mediocrity by focusing time and effort on those who may be left behind, and utilizes the highest end of the spectrum of learners as tutors for those at the lower end. We are deeply disappointed with our experience at Westridge. Parent involvement is high, but much of this is as instructional support, a sad commentary on what the staff is able to achieve in the classroom. This is a true case reputation gaged by the concept of relativity.

Posted May 14, 2009
I have been at Westridge for 5 years and have found the staff to be exceptional. This is a wonderful school. Parents are are genuine and down to earth. My son as learning difficulties and has been very well serviced. The staff as been amazing and supportive to his needs. The administration has always listen and been fair to any of my concerns. My experience here has been nothing short of exceptional.

Posted October 05, 2008

Westridge Elementary School 0

Posted July 11, 2008
When we started at Westridge 10 years ago, Westridge was a good school, but 4 principals and the retirement of reputable teachers has left Westridge lacking. We are pulling our child out this year as a result of an administration that is dismissive of common concerns, and the accelerating level of bullying that seems to be occuring both at the childrens' level as well as the parent level.

Westridge Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2007
This school is a big disappointment. My child attended there for 2 1/2 years. I transferred my child to another school that my first two children attended a decade ago. That school is a better fit and is exceptional. Parent involvement seem to be extreme at this school, tendency is same parents monopolize volunteer time so that other parents cannot volunteer due to the system that is set up. New principal and admin that lack in knowing how to tactfully communicate with parents. Principal and admin do not safisfactorily deal with student/parent needs and concerns. Teachers are good. I would not recommend this school if you are looking for a balance in academics and social learning.

Posted July 01, 2005
Excellent school. Big on discipline. Excellent in Reading, Math and Science. Teachers are good but not exceptional. Lacks diversity.

Posted April 19, 2005
We moved here for a better quality of life especially for our children and am happy to say we found it! Westridge is absolutely wonderful. Once again, it scored an 'exceptional' rating - lots of parents are involved with Westridge in various ways and it really is a community. We are very happy.

Posted February 05, 2005
We moved here two years ago and specifically looked in this area because of Westridge. We are extremely happy with the school. I would have to say that the education my children are getting here is the best ever.

Westridge Elementary School
3400 Royce Way, Lake Oswego, OR  97034
Last modified Westridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top