Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My family is considering moving to this school district. My son is 4 years old. I am very concerned by all the comments about bullies and cliques at this school. Is this still a problem? I love that it has a high rating, but would not trade that for my son being potentially bullied and teachers and staff doing nothing about it. Any comments would be most helpful. These comments made me very nervous about moving here. I do not see similar comments about bullying, etc with other highly rated schools in SW Portland, etc.

This school has an overcrowding problem. Ask to visit classes before you decide on this school. The 5th grade class average is 32:1 even though the district will tell you it is much lower. Teachers often look the other way when bullying is clear and present. There are many problems at this school.

I love this school... great community support, teachers, and a real sense of civic pride about what LOSD is trying to do. We came from Portland and had no idea the differences would be so great....amazing!!! It is an absolute blessing to be part of such a great community & school system.

Wonderful teachers and neighborhood support. We moved in from out of town when my oldest child was in 3rd grade, and my daughter was immediately made welcome. Both children, although having very different personalities, and needs, flourished at Hallinan. I loved the feeling of a safe community with lots of diversity in backgrounds, etc.

Went went to Hallinan for 2 years and it was the worst two years of my life as a parent. The teachers are mediocre at best and the principal cannot decide if he wants to be a teacher or a principal. It is a hard school to adjust to if you are new because there are so many cliques and most of the kids are self entitled meanies and there is definately the aire of 'not my kid' and believe me nothing is ever done to correct the problems. Principal has on blinders.

The faculty and administation is fantastic. May be hard for some families to adjust if you don't fit the profile. Lots of 'not my kid' parents.

This is a wonderful small school in a safe community. There are many problems with cliques as this is a very upper middle class area. The girls can be very mean to eachother and I hope that this is addressed in the future.

We are very impressed with the academic standards at this school. The teachers are wonderful. However, there are definate cliques in this area as early as second grade. I would still recomend this school based on the academic excellence they offer.

Last modified Hallinan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.