Bad
Good

This is a wonderful school very friendly staff love the dual language and PTA is very shelf up with fundraising field trips also very friendly and willing to welcoming new members.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. The school did nothing to educate my child. Overcrowded classrooms, split teaching styles, just didn't work. We ended up pulling out child out of the school in the middle of the year because he/she wasn't learning anything. The principal is not concerned, nor does she do anything.

My son attends Columbus Elementary. At the end of last year, he started having a hard time going to school. He became very nervous and afraid to go. We weren't sure what was going on, but his teacher and the principle were VERY helpful and kind. They took my son under their wings and went above and beyond to help him out. I was very impressed and thankful. I think this school is great. There's a lot of caring teachers and admin's and they do great with what and how they teach the students.

Teachers are great but the principle has a few screws loose. Mr.Svec is my daughters 5th grade teacher and we couldn't be happier with him.

my son has special physical needs and the school goes above and beyond their requirements to see that my son gets what he needs.

Awesome teachers and staff, great kids, fabulous principal. Everyone working their hardest to help our kids.

because it has the best teachers and my daughter feels at home there!

Everyone is so helpful and willing to help our children. The teachers go the extra mile and have great passion for teaching. They are so many great programs and opportunties for the kids to be in. I really really love our school and am grateful that my kids go to such a wonderful school!

This school is on the way up. We've had a change of leadership in the past year with a Principal who is animated, caring and expects the best from every student. The PTA works hard to provide funding for all the necessary school field trips and supplies for the teachers and also fits in some neat programs like the 1 Book, 2 Book, Old Book, New Book used book sale. They've been doing this for four years now and every year each student gets a free book-before the sale even opens. New playground equipment is being installed this summer-after much fundraising over the past 5 years-and the PTA is paying for it all. The teachers are great and I hope this year will not prove to be too stressful with all the cuts to staff.

My kids have attended Columbus since 1st Grade and are going into 5th Grade this year (2008). I think the staff, principal and teachers are all very nice. The PTA meetings dates are always in your child Wednesday folder + on the large sign at the entrance into the school. I have attended a few PTA meetings and everyone is very friendly & inviting + they offer free child care. My kids love the school and love attending school.

Last modified Columbus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.