PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Former Student Harvest prepared me so well for further education! After graduating I went on to graduate from high school with a 4.0 GPA and honors, and this coming week I graduate from college with my bachelors degree. I have published a book and look to do so much more with the priceless tools and character traits instilled in me by the loving staff of Harvest Baptist Christian School. I wouldn't trade my time there for the world.

Former student and currently the only girl from my 6th grade class not in rehab. Yikes.

I thought they had closed and was elated to find out that they reopened. They are starting with pre-K to 2nd grade with plans of expanding. Our daughter is in first grade and our son is in pre-K. They have been blessed with two wonderful, dedicated and loving teachers! The tuition is reasonable and the reward of an excellent education is priceless. It is the single best investment we have made for our children. I cannot say enough. Amazing school.

This school started in 1991 was a great school until its closure at the end of the school year. Praise the Lord for the students who attended and the faithful staff and teachers who served there.

This is a great school, unfortunately though it is closing effective the end of this 2012-13 school year. My son attended Harvest Christian Academy (new name last year) for grades 1 through 8. He was a straight A honor student. When he transferred to public school, he was surprised at how easy it was compared to Harvest. He graduated in the top 10% of his class with a GPA of 3.8. My daughter has been attending since Kindergarten and is finishing 6th grade this year (2013). She is also honor roll every quarter. It is a huge loss to us that she will not be able to finish here. The teachers and administrators have always been committed to academic excellence and to working with parents in whatever way they can to help each child develop to their fullest potential. They offered a number of tools for staying in touch with teachers and the administrator's door was always open to you. They were expanding the curriculum to include music and the arts the past few years, and they have a strong sports program. I am so thankful to have been associated with this organization and wish all of the teachers and staff their the very best in their future endeavors.

My child went from being left behind to joinging the rest of the class just because there was more modivation from the teachers of this school. Haveing twins in the same class I thought would have been a hard thing but each teacher has looked at them as indvidual children and meet each childs needs. There is less kids to a teacher and I believe more time spent with each one. I love this school.

I have tried all facets of the educational process with my children over the years: Home school, private school (Catholic), public school, and now with Harvest. I am disappointed with some of the posts, as I believe I know some of the unhappy parents. 1. The teachers are well qualified to teach, including the certified Math teacher who also teaches college-level Math. 2. Parental involvement needs to be consistent with children, especially as new concepts are introduced - we cannot simply drop our kids off for a year (or years) and then magically wonder why they are not very intelligent when we as parents slow down long enough to take a closer look. Stay involved! Use the parental grade alerts available via text/email, so that you know DAILY how your children are faring, etc. 3. Do not let your kids hear you making excuses on their behalf, most kids have it down to a science on their own... Excellent school, great program, caring staff, consistent disciplined approach to learning...

My three kids all attended HBCS. My oldest daughter actually skipped a grade higher after "graduating" 8th grade from Harvest Baptist Christian School and attending public school... She will graduate before she is 17. If you start in the program early, your child will be far ahead of other school counterparts. Beautiful mature campus, safe and surveilled, great faculty - the best place in the rogue valley...

What a joke . The "teachers" are mostly parents with no teaching degrees. The students are not prepared for high school and most of the graduating 8th grade class have to take lower level math and English classes to catch up to the children from the public schools in the area. I had to hire a tutor so that my daughter would be ready for high school. The teachers spend more time lecturing about politics than actual teaching. If you need to waste money and have your children fall behind in their education let them attend Harvest Baptist.

Harvest is very "struggled" when it comes to what it teaches their children, both spiritually and academically. With no other math classes offered, my son had to take pre algebra in eighth grade and is now doubling up inmath at South Medford to reach the academic standing he wants. He would also come home to report that the teachers find no problem bashing parents who divorce, the current government, etc. As a parent, I do not believe they have the authority to do such. I wish I had realized the problems we would have from this school before I applied for my son to attend. I find that even public schools excel past Harvest in offering better education. Please learn from my mistakes.

Last modified Harvest Baptist Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8