Medford, OR

Posted July 28, 2014
My son Attended Kindergarten at Griffin Creek for the 2013-2014 school year. He had lots of fun and a great teacher. His teacher will be moving up to second grade for the 2014-2015 school year, hoping she will be there when he enters second grade. I am hoping to go back to Griffin Creek for him as long as we don't move to a different school. If at all possible I would try to get your kid into Griffin Creek or move to where you can go to that school if you have kids in grade K-6th. Have fun enjoying the last bit of summer. Happy Trails Griffin Creek Parent.

Posted September 27, 2013
This is a great school and is a community school in every sense of the word. It's true that generations of the same families make it their priority to send their children to this school and it is because of its high academic scores, active art, music and physical fitness programs & strong community support.

Posted May 04, 2013
This is a great school in a great neighborhood. Unfortunately, because it is a great school, they get people transferring in with children with problems (behavioral, etc.) who have a hard time at any school and demand an inordinate amount of attention. I wouldn t base my opinion of the school on sour grapes opinions. High academic scores, active art and music programs & community support make this a great elementary school! Our family has had 2 generations go through Griffin Creek Elementary already, with great success.

Posted March 04, 2013
We are very happy with Griffin Creek. Great teachers, friendly office staff, and a nice setting. My son enjoys going to school everyday. Lots of fun activities are scheduled throughout the year: Family art night, skate night, movie night, 2K runs, etc.

Griffin Creek Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2012
Despite the great reviews I've read, I have to say my experience with my child attending this school is not a pleasant one. My child needs extra help in reading and writing, which I asked for assistance with as to where their response was "due to budget cuts we cannot offer your child any help unfortunately". They would rather have a child be at a lost of understanding and write poor remarks on their reports then give a child help that is desperately needed. Also regarding their progress reports, be sure to receive quite a few contradictory remarks. I'm not sure if it's just the teacher that my child has or the typical nature of the school in general, either way it speaks a lot about how they approach a child with needs. By the way I think it is remarkable and quite magical how my child came from one school receiving high remarks and awards, in exception for reading and writing, then due to a move entered this school and has received remarks of the complete opposite. So much for no child gets left behind!

Posted September 19, 2012
I attended Griffin Creek for Kindergarten through 6th grade, and I have to say, it was an excellent school. The staff is wonderful and the teachers know more then a thing or two about what they're teaching. The school has an amazing history to it and I would recommend it to any parents looking to send their kid(s) to an extraordinary elementary school!

Posted August 03, 2010
2010 Medford's Griffin Creek Elementary School is one of only 179 schools nationwide that received a Bronze National Recognition Award from the Alliance for a Healthier Generation for promoting physical fitness and healthy nutrition among students and staff. This is a great school with strong community support.

Posted October 10, 2009

Posted July 12, 2009
This is a very good school to send your kids to they work witth your kids if they need help and they are always looking of ways to get the parents involed

Posted December 01, 2008
If you like more one on one work, or if you are looking for a school that any and every child will be accepted this is the school for your children. I am a parent that thinks that music and the great out doors have a lot to teach your children then this is the school for you and your children. Sencerely, Misty Vanderkamp

Griffin Creek Elementary School
2430 Griffin Creek Rd, Medford, OR  97501
Last modified Griffin Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Griffin Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top