9-12|Private

Bad
Good

This school is no longer for The average student from Catholic school. Academics are pushed at such an aggressive rate that it kills the kids confidence and spirit. These are intelligent kids that are made to feel stupid in this environment. The school has changed drastically since Andrew Kuffner took over as principal. There is extreme bullying, favoritism and lack of control of students, coaches and teachers. We removed our son from this school last Fall in his sophomore year.

La Salle is an excellent college prep school. We are not Catholic and have had no issues with bias or discrimination - it is a diverse student body with about 40 percent of the students not being Cathiloc. The school is socio-economically diverse thanks to their generous scholarship programs. My first child has grown exponentially in many ways since attending La Salle. The academics are rigorous; students will learn independence, critical thinking skills, speaking skills, time management and will mature into capable young adults. There is no doubt that my child will be prepared to go to college and will have the skills needed to succeed. We have been impressed with the help that many of the teachers offer (including after school assistance.) You must ask for the resources, but they are available for those who seek them. Well worth the investment.

If there was a 3.5 I would give it this. Personally, coming from public school, I found La Salle Prep refreshing from most of the stuff I had to deal, but that doesn't mean LS prep is perfect. There is a sense that if you're not Catholic, you're not right. If you want to major in science, LS is not the place to go and at times you feel like teachers play favorites. there is small-school mentality and you feel cliquey. all schools have a few bad teachers and la salle is no exception, but they try to enforce a strong education and advise you with helpful tips and some teachers are the best. the classroom sizes are agreeable, but but the school is rapidly growing so there's not as much one-on-one time. Lastly: Private school is more for those who want one-on-one time or want to focus MAINLY on academics, whereas public school has diversity/variety.

I am a HUGE fan of La Salle Catholic College Preparatory! I transferred my junior year and it saved my chances of going to college. At La Salle the teachers paid attention to me and challenged me to do my very best. I needed a community to help me and that is what I found in the classrooms of the school. I was given the tools that made my college studies much easier and put me far ahead of my peers at the university. Everything from writing a paper using an outline, public speaking, how to communicate with my peers, vocabulary, how to ask for help, meditation, how all my classes and studies interconnected, and how to be of service to my community. As I look back on my high school experience, I have overflowing gratitude for the education and care that I was given. I attribute much of my success in my life to the lessons I learned during those crucial years.

If you are not a liberal catholic, think twice about this school. They have a great marketing strategy but what they preach is far from what they practice. I had two children enrolled, both were endlessly harassed by students and certain staff members. We pulled one out after a year, the other stuck it out to graduate with honors. Her daily motto was: "another horrible day at my horrible school" Not bad for an institution that charges over $10.000 a year per student. Both students were stripped of their self confidence. The counseling department only aggravated the situation with their bias, lack of training and narrow minded views Hypocrisy runs rampant and the only christian values you will find are the ones they teach in religion. Don't judge this book by it's cover, your child might be horribly let down in the end. Thank God we are not the typical Christian family that attends this school!

The people are very welcoming and the education is great!

La Salle is a great school! It's the perfect size for every student to fulfill their potential. The classes prepare students for college and the teachers are amazing!

Great school, the kids learn respect, work ethic, I feel this school has more to offer then other private high schools. Teachers are great

Last modified La Salle Catholic College Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades 9-12