Milwaukie Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
I am very disappointed in this school. I have 5 children 4 who have attended Milwaukie Elementary. I currently have 1 child in Milwaukie Elementary and 1 in El Puente. All my children agree they do not like Milwaukie Elementary. My two oldest have been to several different schools in different states where they academically and emotionally thrived. came back to Milwaukie Elementary and they academically, socially and emotionally had a hard time for the second time around. all there schools they did great except there. they do not have any enrichment. the staff including teachers have not done any training on dealing with emotional needs. they have no protocol for dealing with emotions and anger. They are slow on establishing IEP needs and do not honor the IEP correctly. There is alot of bullying and it goes on un addressed despite my efforts. The children are bored. non engaged. My son couldn't wait to start middle school. I pulled my daughter out befor this year started and I'm pulling my son out this winter break. I am moving to portland school district before my two year old starts school or home schooling.

Posted April 17, 2014
My son has been attending since kindergarten. My other son will be starting in September of this year. I love the teachers and atmosphere at milwaukie elementary. The staff is extremely in touch with the community and the parent's. I enjoy all the oppertunities they provide for the students. As well as the education.

Posted April 19, 2011
I adore ME. We started at a private school in Portland and I was concerned that my kids would be not be challenged at ME. To my surprise they were. I have volunteered in both classes and seen such an amazing interaction with the teachers and students. Both teachers are willing to go out of the box to better the individual child's needs. My youngest sister was a student at ME and has a 3.8 GPA now in high school. ME has gone above and beyond my expectations!

Milwaukie Elementary School 1

Posted July 27, 2010
This school is horrible. I went to this school untill the 6th grade. The staff are horrible. I have to adimit the there are a few okay teachers, but over filled classes shadow there talent. The buliding is quickly breaking down. The curriculum is bad. There was alot of repeating of lessons. The food that i served is not good. It would often be discolored, and sometimes out of date. Over all the school needs to shape up before I would even think about telling someone to send their there.

Milwaukie Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
this school has gone split classes across the board we have 3 classes with 1st & 2nd graders 3 classes with 3rd & 4th graders and 3 classes with 5th & 6th graders. All the subjects taught benefit the top grade of that class, my recommendation would be home school!

Milwaukie Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2009
This school does not teach very many math areas for 4th graders. In writing it is very confusing for the kids and the teachers do not help instead the kids offer to help. I personally think that the teacher needs to help the student so the teacher can help the student with there accademic needs. This school has a high poverety level. And I think this effects a lot. I would personally not send my child there if there was a nother school to go to. I am not very happy with the teacher quality. This school needs help!

Milwaukie Elementary School 0

Posted February 10, 2009
My child is now in first grade at Milwaukie Elementary. The staff and principal are great. Alot of planning goes into each and every event at this school. I am always welcomed when I volunteer. I appreciate all the great parents whom are involved in the very well rounded school.

Posted January 16, 2009
Great school, great staff. Best principal ever!

Posted May 29, 2007
In a world full of huge class sizes and budget cuts, Milwaukie Elementary still seems to have the community feeling in school. Reasonable class sizes, extremely friendly and educated staff (teachers, administration, assts, etc), active parent group, and students with manners. Speaking as a former student myself some 25 years ago, I am happy and proud to say that the school spirit still rides high at M.E.S. and in the entire community.

Milwaukie Elementary School 4

Posted May 29, 2007
The teachers and staff are wonderful. Very helpful and supportive.

Milwaukie Elementary School
11250 SE 27th Ave, Milwaukie, OR  97222
Last modified Milwaukie Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Milwaukie Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top