Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

We haven't experienced any bullying, so I can't comment on this.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My son is still waiting for his IEP from his last school to be implemented, it's mid-November.

Develops character: Agree

This school has a lot of low income students, which leads to a more tense environment. The teachers are aware of this and have programs to help. I can't say how effective it is because we're too new, but so far so good.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some of the teachers are amazing, some are terrible. I guess you find this everywhere, but it's a shame that a few bad apples really bring the school down.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

They don't believe in overloading children with homework. My son doesn't have more than an hour, usually less, homework per day. This approach is in line with current research and I appreciate that they are current on this issue.

The things I love about this school: 1. Some of the teachers are amazing! My son's 6th grade core teachers are enthusiastic, caring, approachable, fair, and he's learning a lot. 2. The principal also feels very approachable and seems very engaged with the students. The things that aren't working: 1. My son has an IEP, but they haven't been honoring it. In fact, it's not in their system and it's mid-November. This is not only illegal, but just unacceptable. His core teachers and I have been bugging the special ed teacher, but still haven't heard anything. Very frustrating. 2. The acting teacher is terrible. My son (probably because he needs support that he's not getting because they aren't honoring his IEP) is doing terribly in her class. She never contacted me to let me know, and when I found out, she basically said that he was just being lazy and irresponsible. Now I can see that is often the case with kids that age, but my son has dyslexia and an IEP also for fine motor skill problems, so the fact that he couldn't read his notes (he's supposed to have support for that) isn't his fault. She blew me off and was quite rude. He also missed a field trip because of poor communication, although I'll take part responsibility on that one. My son loves all of his teachers, always has, and can't stand her, which is terrible since he loves acting. Anyway, burned out teachers who treat our children badly and there's really nothing a parent can do. Very frustrating.

Rowe Middle School has a dedicated teaching staff. They support all students to the best of their ability. The principal is easy to talk with and makes himself available to parents. My kids loved their teachers.

I have only been hearing great things about Rowe Middle School lately! The new administration has a real heart for helping struggling kids and has high standards for everyone, staff and students included. The principal is open to solving any issue and finding solutions that work best for students. The future is looking bright for RMS!

This school is the worst in the district in everything! Even the good teachers leave because they can't even deal with it anymore! Do not send your child to this school!!! My child has been bullied all year with no one doing anything! Mostly just getting replies that they had no idea even though I've told them and saying they are not sure what to do in this situation! Really?! And forget it if you actually need to speak with the principal he will refuse to see you! Most likely not just worst school in district but in the state! Even the teachers will say oh I didn't see anything when they were just feet away just because they don't want to get involved! Nothing good will come from sending your child to this school! They will learn nothing and lose all their confidence! DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL IF YOU WANT THEM TO SUCCEED!

My daughter has struggled with bullying at Rowe & is having to transfer due to the staff not doing anything about it in the three years she's attended.The principal sides with whatever the teacher or other student who claims to have done nothing rather than dealing w/the situation head on & listening to the student whose in their office crying.I attended Rowe long ago & I'm disappointed in the schools actions.As I'm trying to trader my student,it seems Rowe has put her off till last.You have to be consistent & bring in someone higher than them.It difficult to get them to follow through w/anything.Do not recommend sending your child to Rowe of they are on an IEP.

Last modified Rowe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.