Rowe Middle School 1

Posted March 31, 2014
My daughter has struggled with bullying at Rowe & is having to transfer due to the staff not doing anything about it in the three years she's attended.The principal sides with whatever the teacher or other student who claims to have done nothing rather than dealing w/the situation head on & listening to the student whose in their office crying.I attended Rowe long ago & I'm disappointed in the schools actions.As I'm trying to trader my student,it seems Rowe has put her off till last.You have to be consistent & bring in someone higher than them.It difficult to get them to follow through w/anything.Do not recommend sending your child to Rowe of they are on an IEP.

Posted January 17, 2014
In the three years my daughter has attended this school we have had to switch counselors twice, the science teacher referred to her as stupid, and she was assaulted from behind in the over crowded hallway with a counselor standing less than 5 feet away (who apparently saw nothing, although it was video taped and posted on social media). There are two wonderful teachers at Rowe but this does not make up for the many that seem to detest being there as much as the students do. I'm glad there is just a few months to go and she will be out of there for good.

Posted January 09, 2010

Posted March 31, 2009
This is a wonderful school. The teachers are incredible. They have a great health plan. The princible is 100% awesome! Your child would love this school. It is a all around Fantastic school!

Posted December 06, 2008

Posted August 04, 2008
Dedicated teachers do their best at Rowe. However, the administration sometimes sides with disruptive students against teachers' efforts at order. This makes school a stressful and confusing situation for students who are trying to learn and teachers who are trying to teach. Diligent or gifted students do not get the attention they deserve.

Posted August 06, 2007
Great communication with the students, teachers, admin staff and parents. I felt the teaching staff really challenged my child in the subjects. (my only gripe would be music, but this is not a school issue, it's a district issue - from cutbacks)

Rowe Middle School 4

Posted May 06, 2006
The learning specialists in the school are great. The majority of the teachers my child has had have been nice to work with and most appreciate any parental input. We did have a problem with a teacher singling out our child and we had to take the issue to someone higher than the principal since he sided with the teacher. The issue was resolved and things are fine once again for our child.

Posted March 24, 2005
- a former student

Rowe Middle School 3

Posted August 25, 2003
The teachers I have encountered are enthusiastic and fun. The administration, however, needs work. Discipline in this school is very lax. 'Bad' students are allowed to behave poorly and make it difficult and sometimes scary for the 'good' students to learn and even attend school. I hope that the administration is listening, because I am not the only concerned parent out there.

Rowe Middle School
3606 SE Lake Rd, Milwaukie, OR  97222
Last modified Rowe Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rowe Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top