Molalla, OR

Molalla River Middle School 5

Posted May 07, 2013
Molalla River Middle School is an amazing school!!! My child loves the teachers, the students, and has had a great experience! In addition, he feels connected to the school and enjoys going each and every day. To find out more about Molalla River Middle School go to Oregonlive and search for Oregon School Performance Ratings 2012. Just look at how well this school is performing! The Molalla School District rates equal, and in many cases higher, than most schools in the area. Molalla River Middle School has higher rankings than Estacada, Sandy, Colton, Gladstone, Molalla Charter Schools, etc. and ranks equal to Lake Oswego and West Linn/Wilsonville. The only difference is that this district does not receive as much funding for low poverty schools as most of the schools in the surrounding area. The last review for Molalla River Middle school on this website was 3 years ago. A lot has changed at the middle School in this short period of time! It's exciting to see the improvements! Way to go MRMS!

Molalla River Middle School 4

Posted July 27, 2010
Although the building is in much need of love, the teachers and staff are wonderful. I came from a very bad school before i came to Molalla, and i must say I have learned more in one year here than I did in three years there. If i ever have a question, the teachers are always more then willing to answer. If a student is struggling with something the teachers often will offer to stay after school or help during lunch. The class sizes aren't bad. Over all if i was ever asked weather or not this is a good school, is would say yes.

Molalla River Middle School 2

Posted May 10, 2010
The school is in needs to be torn down (very bad condition), the student, staff and teacher moral is very low.

Posted April 27, 2009
I am a student at Molalla River Middle School and the school its self is in real need of being tore down and rebuilt. This school used to be the high school, then elementary, and now the middle school. It has seen better years, definatly. The faculty members range from nice and helpful to just getting threw the day and not caring. Some teachers, most that I have met, just want to get threw the day and don't care what you have to say. A few have been nice and helpful, most of these have been sixth grade teachers. Over all this school has been the worst I have ever gone to, and I have been to 5 different schools.

Molalla River Middle School 5

Posted December 12, 2008
My student has the best teacher! I thought about putting her in a private school, but am so glad I opted for public school. My daughter loves her teacher and can't wait to go to school daily. Great School, Awesome teachers!

Posted April 08, 2008
Molalla River Middle School, lacks in many areas, none of them concerning environment or building codes. It has been my experience that parents find a great deal of resistance when attempting to interact with teachers/staff. I find the lack the basics of 'teach by example' philosophy and do not hold themselves to the same standards as they hold students. There is no accountability for staff. Example: my son lost his locker for one week for forgetting a to put a book into it at the end of class a consequence 'made to make the student accountable for themselves'. A member of the office staff failed to pass on a phoned-in requested change of after school destination - the question regarding holding that staff member accountable fell on deaf ears and the two messages I left were never returned. I am currently seeking alternative schooling for my child.

Posted April 08, 2008
I feel the teachers are stretched too thin and have lost interest and sight of their goals. Many children fall between the cracks and I have the strong sense that 'state test scores' take a much larger focus then individual students success. I am looking into out of town, private schooling for my child.

Molalla River Middle School 3

Posted February 12, 2008
great sense of community, building is in disrepair, teachers take a strong interest in the kids......I like it.

Posted December 18, 2007

Molalla River Middle School 3

Posted March 04, 2005
Hello, I am writing here to inform other parents about this school. My student went there and did not recieve much help. She would ask numerous amounts of times and they just set her needs aside. She enjoyed the music class, but had to stop going because her clarinet was stolen. And the room where they practice is locked. I dont know how that happened and I payed for it myself and it was a big loss for her. ALso I was not involved much here, I wasn't informed at all about how my child was doing or what she was doing. So I would reconsider enrolling your child here. Thank you.

Molalla River Middle School
318 Leroy, Molalla, OR  97038
Last modified Molalla River Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Molalla River Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top