PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

At Veritas, we seek to challenge students individually at all levels and teach them how to learn by using the well-proven classical method. Veritas School's mission is to cultivate wisdom, virtue and godliness by providing an excellent, Christ-centered classical education. A Veritas education begins by nurturing a child s natural sense of wonder and developing it into the intellectual curiosity of a graduate who is prepared to engage the world with purpose and confidence. Veritas is committed to providing a classical education where students acquire the tools of learning that will lead them to become lifelong learners. Veritas School acknowledges that all life, knowledge and meaning extend from our Creator. This approach requires that all subjects, whether history, art, music, mathematics or science be taught with God at the core. At Veritas, Jesus isn t just present or prominent - He is preeminent. This reality impacts life in the classroom. I would encourage you to visit Veritas School and see for yourself what makes us so different.
February 05, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I graduated from Veritas a couple years back, and look at me! I turned out alright! I think those Negative Nellies saying stuff like "the teachers don't listen to my brilliant ideas" might not understand that their ideas maybe aren't all that brilliant? Plus, these teachers probably know what they're doing. I mean, it's a school after all. And they have sheets of paper which back that up. Give the teachers the benefit of the doubt if you have doubts. We turn out darned well compared to the rest of the people I've seen throughout college -- we're different. Notice that I spelled all the words correctly. I became a word-spellin' machine in the first grade there! Love them words!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

Punishment is swift if there is any bullying. However, rarely did I see any bullying from anybody.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Although I may not have learned the same way as other students, in the end we all learned to learn.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." That's certainly true here. Never have I heard of any serious issues between the school's board and administration. That's a good sign. Everything was done smoothly and efficiently.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Some people can't change. That's just how it goes. Most students were taught to be better, wiser people and steadfast in their Christian faith.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Absolutely loved most of the teachers I had at Veritas. I only recall one or two teachers who were a pain and had some beef with students. But most of the teachers there were some of the greatest people and strongest Christians I have ever known. I may not have thought so at the time, but I look back and realize all the hard work and rigor was for a reason.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework was challenging, yet doable. I never turned a paper in late because I knew there were consequences. I loved not having homework on weekends. Throughout most of college, I was able to get all my work done and have weekends free, just like highschool. Veritas taught me to be proactive and thorough.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some are very very effective where some others lack organization, student respect, and communication skills.

While we experienced many blessings being at Veritas were very disappointed in the administration. We watched 2 of the most awesome teachers have their contracts not renewed because their kids did not attend Veritas. Both of these teachers were replaced with people with family connections in the school. Both of these new teachers do not meet the excellence the school advertises. The feeling is the school is constantly looking for donations but has no interest in parent input. When I had a concern about my young elementary child I was met with defensiveness from the teacher and the phrase, "well your child does not pay attention". No plan was offered to help. I am the parent not the teacher, I was asking for guidance to help from the professional so we could work as a team to benefit my child. I pay the school to educate my child I was amazed at how much they want you to teach your child. To clarify some of the teachers were amazing and did not require more than the average homework and they taught the children very well. I have NO problem doing helping with homework and listening to them read, and working on projects to support the teachers work in the classroom. I work full time to pay tuition and was disappointed to have a teacher tell me I was not doing enough at home. I was also surprised to find some of the behavior allowed while the children were in line going from one class to another. I was told that they are allowed to talk and visit even when that means they are not paying attention to the teacher. Respecting an adult is an important lesson. They also want to fit your child into a box that tests well. If your child does not then it is suggested they go somewhere else. This helps bring the school test rating up but discarding the less than perfect students seriously limits the growth of the school. Why do they offer hefty tuition credits to existing families to find new students and get them enrolled? Word of mouth is not enough? As I started this rating, our experience is NOT all bad. Some of the teachers we worked with were amazing! The office staff gals are caring, loving and supportive. The headmaster for the elementary is great with the kids and, I believe, truly cares. We love so many of the people here. Overall the curriculum is sound, the music program awesome.

To a previous reviewer who asked why Veritas needs a marketing department: because it's a small private school in a small town that will most likely only be known as home of wine country and possibly George Fox; because yes, Veritas does rely on donational and volunteer support for its survival. How is this at all bad? We all thank those who make Veritas possible through their caring donations, volunteering, and other support, for they have thanked God for blessing them with abundance by seeing fit to bless others as well. Well, the afore mentioned reviewer says that the marketing department exists to hide all the bad reviews, to sweep all the bad stuff under the rug. It exists rather to show the world Veritas's virtues in spite of reviewers who simply take joy in lashing out and trying to catch Veritas red-handed, implicating her of many crimes often on evidence which is simply at ends with the experience of the majority at Veritas. The world has already heard enough bad about Veritas from reviewers, so it is the job of the marketers (criticized more) to make sure the truth of the good gets out as well, since no one honestly pays as much attention to good reviews as to bad.

Last modified Veritas School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12