Newberg, OR

Posted April 09, 2013
We are so happy our kids go to Crater! We are constantly impressed by the principal and administrative staff, as well as the teachers. We haven't met a bad teacher yet and my oldest is in 4th grade. There is a strong emphasis on reading and math comprehension from Kindergarten on, which is not something you see at every school. My daughter's K experience at a different Newberg school was so dismal, she was behind when she started at Crater in 1st grade. Needless to say, we were grateful we picked this area to move to. The school counselor is super attentive and in-tune to all kids and the teaching staff cares deeply for these kids. It's refreshing to see!

Posted January 21, 2009
My daughter attended Crater from 1st through 5th grade. My son is currently in 3rd and has been there since Kindergarten. I have been thrilled with the teachers and the programs available to my kids. Everyone is so friendly and will do whatever it takes to help. The principal is very friendly and approachable and is out there every day interacting with the children. I love the fact that newsletters, updates and changes can all be done via email. If there is an emergency at school or a snow day I am sent a text message. I am able to talk with teachers via email also. My only complaint would be late start on Wed. I think it's a strange concept that tends to be very inconvenient for most parents.

Posted January 15, 2008

Antonia Crater Elementary School 4

Posted March 12, 2007
I have found that the principal is very friendly and approachable. He encourages every parent to be actively involved in the school. The teachers are working hard to help every child to achieve their full potential. Several teachers live in the area and have had their own children attend Crater. I've been impressed that the teachers are constantly seeking ways to improve their teaching methods. I also noticed that many of the teachers have earned advanced teaching degrees. The state test results are very good and are still improving. This is a great community school.

Antonia Crater Elementary School
203 West Foothills Dr, Newberg, OR  97132
Last modified Antonia Crater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Antonia Crater Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top