Bad
Good

North Bend Middle School (Oregon Coast Technology) 1500 16th Street, North Bend, Oregon 97459 541 756-8341 I am a grandparent with a lot of connection to this school....we have a 7th grader this year....I hope the 7th grade brings more technology and a better quality of teachers! I am looking forward to it....I was rather disappointed last year, especially in the math program. The Oregon Focus on Math books were not used properly! We spent the summer learning the 3 phase one books for the 6th grade! Mrs Dunning will be missed greatly, she was an excelllent techer.

ORCO Tech is a good school, but it's somewhat misleading. It's not really a separate school, it's just a part of NBMS / NBHS. My son's ORCO Tech class doesn't seem to have much more "tech" than the regular NBMS 6th grade classes. We look forward to the higher grades when he can use more technology. Class sizes are ridiculous. We were told that you had to sign up and it was a first come, first serve situation with 25 or so kids in a class, ended up with 35+ because they didn't stop accepting kids. There is no excuse for this, I hope they solve the problem in future years. Communication from the teacher has been minimal. She doesn't seem to care about my son's performance or grades, and doesn't push him, although she says she knows he's capable of doing better work. I don't know if this is just the difference between a elementary school teacher and a middle school teacher, though, as this is my oldest child.

I do not think that the Oregon Technology School is as good as it once was. The School was great, my child learned alot from Mr. Barker when he taught there. Another of my children is in Oregon Technology school but did not take any thechnology classes last year. My child will be taking some techology classes this coming year we will see if it has gotten any better.

Last modified Oregon Coast Technology School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.